GTX 590 issues

Ok, so I have a special problem for you today boys and girls, one that revolves around an end user that somehow screwed up his own computer so bad, I can't figure it out.

Specs!

i7 2600

generic motherboard, ASUS

TX 750M

8GB RAM (4x2GB) (Generic)

EVGA GTX 590

Now for the issue... I built this computer once, from the scraps of old PCs for a friend of a friend who couldn't afford much (his friends each offered up a part or money to get it for him). worked like a dream. easy installs, everything ran great. Now, this guy, has an issue booting it once, and decides "I'll run the W10 OS refresh utility!" Ok, whatever. BUT, he decided halfway through "Maybe this isn't a good idea" and unplugs the PC. *sigh* OK, so new OS time. I got it installed, and windows is working, but... It won't take GPU drivers. Like, the 590 is outputting signal, but won't install NVIDIA drivers. After some digging, I found in device manager that both cores are showing "Code 43" for "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems".

I have tried:

booting into Safe mode and using DDU

reinstalling the drivers

Using geforce experience to install drivers

NOT using geforce experience

I'm totally lost. Never encountered this before. Help?

¢υѕтσм ℓσσρ σя ησтнιηg αт αℓℓ

This does not bode well.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

2 minutes ago, don_svetlio said:

This does not bode well.

Yeah, I'm not thinking the 590 is in great shape... That being said, it outputs a signal, and even boots to windows, so I'm not sure all hope is lost.

1 minute ago, Codyman125 said:

Yeah, I'm not thinking the 590 is in great shape... That being said, it outputs a signal, and even boots to windows, so I'm not sure all hope is lost.

Unplugging a system while under load is always a terrible idea :/

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

1 minute ago, don_svetlio said:

Unplugging a system while under load is always a terrible idea :/

Couldn't agree more, but this is the same idiot who broke his PC in the first place by, and I quote, "opening it up and unplugging the HDMI to USB cable inside". I advised his friends to not give him admin rights... did I mention it only lasted 4 hours before he did this?

6 minutes ago, Codyman125 said:

Couldn't agree more, but this is the same idiot who broke his PC in the first place by, and I quote, "opening it up and unplugging the HDMI to USB cable inside". I advised his friends to not give him admin rights... did I mention it only lasted 4 hours before he did this?

Once you have this fixed, glue the sidepanels on after screwing them on with triangle headed screws. Also, glue the power cord in place.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

try a different GPU

could be that the GPU got damaged somehow from power loss

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, TheRandomness said:

Once you have this fixed, glue the sidepanels on after screwing them on with triangle headed screws. Also, glue the power cord in place.

Not my monkeys, not my circus. Once this leaves my door, if he breaks it, it's his paperweight. Although I did tell his friends to use torx screws, lol

2 minutes ago, Enderman said:

try a different GPU

Possibly, But my personal 980Ti is under water. I guess I could pull my old quadro 600 out, lol. I'll try that.

3 minutes ago, Codyman125 said:

Not my monkeys, not my circus. Once this leaves my door, if he breaks it, it's his paperweight. Although I did tell his friends to use torx screws, lol

It'd be my paperweight, please. I have been known to fix tremendously broken things (I fucking got a graphics card me and friends froze before setting it on fire to work...)

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

1 minute ago, TheRandomness said:

It'd be my paperweight, please. I have been known to fix tremendously broken things (I fucking got a graphics card me and friends froze before setting it on fire to work...)

I've had some stuff like that too. I had a water damaged phone that wouldn't turn on, and in a moment of sheer stupidity I thought "Water killed  it, maybe water will fix it". submerged the phone, it turned on, and I managed to transfer the contacts off while totally submerged. It wouldn't work when not wet, lol.

57 minutes ago, Enderman said:

try a different GPU

Ok, I bring thee news. the 590 works! But only when my quadro 600 is installed too? If I run JUST the 590, I get code 43, same with just quadro, but running the 590 AND the quadro makes the quadro not show up at all, but the 590 run right.. what?