overclocking

legendofzeldamaster

hi there, just wondering is there any cheapish air coolers that you can over clock with?

16 minutes ago, legendofzeldamaster said:

hi there, just wondering is there any cheapish air coolers that you can over clock with?

4 minutes ago, glitchmaster0001 said:

cryorig h7, cooler master hyper 212 evo 

Cryorig are great.

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Core i7-4770, Cryorig M9i Cooler, ASUS B85M GAMER, 8GB HyperX Fury Red 2x4GB 1866MHz, KFA2 GTX 970 Infin8 Black Edition "4GB", 1TB Seagate SSHD, 256GB Crucial m4 SSD, 60GB Corsair SSD for Kerbal and game servers, Thermaltake Core V21 Case, EVGA SuperNOVA 650W G2.

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

i5-2500k OCed, Raijintek Themis, Intel Z77GA-70K, 8GB HyperX Genesis in grey, GTX 750 Ti, Gamemax Falcon case.

How cheap and what are you oc'ing? 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

2 hours ago, legendofzeldamaster said:

an i5 skylake. the cooler cant be over $100

What kind of dollars are you using?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

How much did you want to overclock? I've got a Hyper 212 Evo on my new i7 6770k running at 4.6Ghz, temps under load are 70-75 with the occasional spike.

29 minutes ago, legendofzeldamaster said:

wooden maker to answer your question its u.s dollar

$100 is a large budget for a cooler. 

If you're looking for a good value, there's no need to spend so much.

The Macho Direct is a good option: https://www.amazon.com/Thermalright-MACHO-DIRECT-Macho-Direct/dp/B019CRDELS?ie=UTF8&tag=pcpapi-20

You need to quote a post or tag a member or else they won't get a notification you replied to them.

37 minutes ago, legendofzeldamaster said:

wooden maker to answer your question its u.s dollar

$100 will get you pretty much any air cooler worth buying. If all you're after is a mild OC on a less expensive cooler, something like the Cryorig H7 or Deepcool Gammaxx 400 would suit you well. The 212 Evo is pretty ubiquitous, but it's been surpassed technologically by a few coolers within its price bracket. Still, if it's what you can get your hands on, you can do a lot worse for $30.

If you up the budget to $50-60 US, you start to get into bigger coolers from Noctua and Cryorig like the NH-U14S and H5 Ultimate. Those outperform the 212s and H7s of the world by 5-8C under load, and come within sniffing distance of the big boy himself, the undisputed king of air cooling, the Noctua NH-D15. If your budget allows for it and your case is man enough to handle its glory, there is simply no air cooler out there better. Some in the same price range are nipping at its heels, and some that cost far more are hardly fit to lick its boots (no matter how sexy and red they may look), but there's just nothing out there better than the NH-D15, and at $90-ish US, it just squeezes under your budget.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.