PC Gaming: A Retrospective

I have collected a lot of hardware,software and games over the years. I have actually been building and playing on PC for a little over 20 years now. This is a part of my collection.

It might not have been the best hardware for the time. I may not have had the largest library or the best components, but I still had a blast. I will never forget the first time I played Half-Life 2 on my Radeon 9000 64mb card after spending an hour installing it from 5 disks. Before Steam.

A few of these items are from some of my first builds when I was just 13 after I learned to build on some old 486 machines a family friend had given me. I remember when I upgraded my ATI rage 2 using a 3Dfx Monster/VooDoo accelerator and what a difference it made in Quake 2.

I've tried to hang onto as much stuff from my early day, but things get lost over time and I end up tossing out stuff that just takes up space.

Some of these games and software items you might recognize and they might even bring back some memories for some of you. I hope you enjoy these as much as I enjoy sharing them with a few of my fellow pc builder/gamers out here on the LTT forums.

Enjoy!

http://imgur.com/a/x0zYD

-I had no idea where else to post this, and I wanted to share this with the LTT community, so if this is the wrong part of the forum, please let me know! Thanks!-

thank you for this, thoroughly enjoyed looking through all of the old hardware/software, very nostalgic!

Some good ol' memories there - still play Halo PC every week actually.  Random, but I always wondered what happened to PowerDVD and the other competing software.  Seems PowerDVD is still going strong, though I'm not quite sure why anyone would pay for it it over using MPC-HC or VLC.

8 hours ago, JBIZZL3Y said:

thank you for this, thoroughly enjoyed looking through all of the old hardware/software, very nostalgic!

Glad you liked it :)