Need serious help, BSOD

xYowie

I work on my pc and i cannot be getting blue screens every 30-60 minutes.

Ok so i keep getting a bluescreen saying MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
I have 8x2 Corsair Vengeance 2133MHz memory and a Asus H110M-A motherboard
When i have both sticks installed i get the bluescreen often. Now this is the weird thing im confused about, when i have 1 ram stick installed in the first slot my computer sometimes freezes making the buzzing noise of a bsod but only for 0.5 of a second and comes back. This happens with both ram sticks running without the other, i wouldnt mind it freezing for a .5 second with all 16 gigs every 50ish minutes but what is causing this? I have also had the exact same memory type other than the fact it was 4x2 gigs and i was getting the exact same issue on that so i decided to upgrade to the 8x2 gig kit because i thought i got faulty memory

Here is what i did to try to fix it:

- Loosen cpu cooler because someone told me my memory controller in my cpu may be getting crushed
- sfc scannow

- Bios update
- Chipset driver update
- Memtest86 running for 72 hours with no issues at all, issues only happen when im using my computer not running tests.
- Inspecting ram pins and ram slots with a micro scope to make sure nothing is stuck in them

Would say possible overheating, but if tests pass than normal usage should as well. Its possible the motherboard could have a faulty pathway somewhere, or your CPU memory controller is just weaksauce. Try downclocking the RAM to 1600/1866 and report back after some use.

14 minutes ago, xYowie said:

When i have both sticks installed i get the bluescreen often. Now this is the weird thing im confused about, when i have 1 ram stick installed in the first slot my computer sometimes freezes making the buzzing noise of a bsod but only for 0.5 of a second and comes back. This happens with both ram sticks running without the other, i wouldnt mind it freezing for a .5 second with all 16 gigs every 50ish minutes but what is causing this? I have also had the exact same memory type other than the fact it was 4x2 gigs and i was getting the exact same issue on that so i decided to upgrade to the 8x2 gig kit because i thought i got faulty memory

- Loosen cpu cooler because someone told me my memory controller in my cpu may be getting crushed
- sfc scannow

- Bios update
- Chipset driver update
- Memtest86 running for 72 hours with no issues at all, issues only happen when im using my computer not running tests.
- Inspecting ram pins and ram slots with a micro scope to make sure nothing is stuck in them

I was having BSOD that said "memory_management" and the way I fixed them was by updating bios. So if that is not the fix then I have no idea. 

Have you overclocked anything in your rig? Also are you using precision x 16?

10 minutes ago, xYowie said:

- sfc scannow

- Bios update
- Chipset driver update

To me it sounds like there's a problem with the motherboard, or with the CPU's memory controller.

Can you find a voltage setting that's related to the memory controller? It's called VTT or IMC or QPI something something. Perhaps you can fix your memory issues by increasing that voltage (don't go too far in there, the BIOS should tell you when you've gone too far).

Also, just to be thorough, fire up AIDA64's stress testing utility overnight and see if it reports any errors on the system memory stress test.

Try out a single stick of RAM in both slots, and the other stick of RAM in both slots. If one of the slots always fails, that's the problem and you'll have to contact ASUS to get the board replaced (warning, their customer service isn't the best from what I hear). If one stick always fails, replace that instead.

What version of Windows do you have?

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

1 hour ago, Rune said:

Would say possible overheating, but if tests pass than normal usage should as well. Its possible the motherboard could have a faulty pathway somewhere, or your CPU memory controller is just weaksauce. Try downclocking the RAM to 1600/1866 and report back after some use.

Will see if that helps

1 hour ago, Slit said:

1 hour ago, Slit said:

Only my graphics card using msi after burner +140 on core and +290 on memory, i did not touch the voltage and i have a tier one power supply so that shouldnt effect anything

Alright. My advice is to run everything stock for a bit and see how stable it is. A month or so ago I tried to use precision x 16 to try and get a little more juice out of my old gtx 560. Unfortunately precision x16 did a poor job and caused numerous crashes. Only when I switched to afterburner did I stop getting crashes.