Good, but cheap mechanical keyboard?

Ahov

The title says it all, not looking for a piece of junk though so keep that in mind.

2 hours ago, i7885 said:

Here is the Red Dragon K552. It's a good keyboard for only $40. It has an offbrand Cherry MX Blue type of switch, but for someone who has little to no experience in mechanical keyboards, you won't notice the difference at all. Here's the link to a review of it. 

Damn i like it, i do enjoy num-pad's but you can't beat the price. Might pick one up when i have an extra 40 lying about, cheers!

11 hours ago, Ahov said:

Damn i like it, i do enjoy num-pad's but you can't beat the price. Might pick one up when i have an extra 40 lying about, cheers!

I do own keyboard that have similar switch like that, but it is SO MUCH LOUDER than Cherry MX Blue. The feel is a little bit on heavy side, and the LED seems not bright enough. A very good price though.

===

https://www.amazon.com/Mechanical-Keyboard-Cherry-MX-Blue-Switch/dp/B00T1UGZ2C

Real Cherry MX Blue switch

You can mod it to add LED backlight, it has all the circuit and LED animation.

Cons:

You must buy the shine through keycaps. Included keycaps is shit.

Some newer version has nice PBT keycaps (not shine through), but not sure for amazon one.

On 6/24/2016 at 9:02 PM, i7885 said:

Here is the Red Dragon K552. It's a good keyboard for only $40. It has an offbrand Cherry MX Blue type of switch, but for someone who has little to no experience in mechanical keyboards, you won't notice the difference at all. Here's the link to a review of it. 

That uses Outemu blue switches. Those are very loud. They also feel more tactile compared to MX blues. My coworker sure noticed em when I was using them, even over the cherry blue switches I was using before them.

Ryzen 7 2700x | MSI B450 Tomahawk | GTX 780 Windforce | 16GB 3200
Dell 3007WFP | 2xDell 2001FP | Logitech G710 | Logitech G710 | Team Wolf Void Ray | Strafe RGB MX Silent
iPhone 8 Plus ZTE Axon 7 | iPad Air 2 | Nvidia Shield Tablet 32gig LTE | Lenovo W700DS