Choosing the right GTX 1070

Alexaldin

Hello everyone, I'm here to ask a thing about the new GTX 1070. What's the best custom right now? I can't decide on MSI, Asus and Gigabyte. My actually system specs are:

CPU: Intel i7 6700K
Cooling: Arctic Liquid Freezer 240
Mobo: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming
PSU: CoolerMaster 750W GM
SSD: Samsung EVO 850 250 GB
HDD: Western Digital Black WDC WD2003FZEX-00Z4SA0 2TB
HDD: Seagate ST31000524AS 1TB
RAM: 2x8Gb G.Skill Ripjaws V

Case: NZXT Noctis 450

Thank you everyone for your answer ^^

They are all nearly the same, don't expect much differences, pick the one that looks the best for you/ has the best features ;)

Sorry for Bad English, Baguette here 

STENDHAL: CPU: i5 6600K | MOBO: ASUS MAXIMUS VIII Ranger | GPU: MSI GTX 1070 GAMING X | RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2400MHz | Case: CM HAF XB | Storage: Kingston UV400 240GB SSD + 750GB WD Blue | CPU Cooler: Hyper 212X | PSU: Corsair RM750X

Go with the cheapest one between the three. If they are similarly priced and the warranty service is the same in your country, I'd suggest the Asus.

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

5 minutes ago, Alexaldin said:

Hello everyone, I'm here to ask a thing about the new GTX 1070. What's the best custom right now? I can't decide on MSI, Asus and Gigabyte. My actually system specs are:

CPU: Intel i7 6700K
Cooling: Arctic Liquid Freezer 240
Mobo: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming
PSU: CoolerMaster 750W GM
SSD: Samsung EVO 850 250 GB
HDD: Western Digital Black WDC WD2003FZEX-00Z4SA0 2TB
HDD: Seagate ST31000524AS 1TB
RAM: 2x8Gb G.Skill Ripjaws V

Case: NZXT Noctis 450

Thank you everyone for your answer ^^

Honestly they all will perform within 5% of each other so there really is NO "Best" for the current release of 1070's. I am an MSI fan but will not be buying there card because of the BiOS issue they did for reviewers. I personally find it a bit shady. I will be going with EVGA personally and you could look at their FTW and Classified editions for the best possible performance out of a 1070. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

There's not that much of a difference between the cards. Seems like Pascal is limited by the silicon lottery, board partners can't really do much to improve performance.

As such, go for the Gigabyte one, or maybe Asus if you REALLY like it. But don't go for MSI's. I'm rioting them for trying to fake reviews with a different bios.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

The only metric anyone should be looking at is fan noise. It's really up to silicon lottery when it comes to overclocking. 

2 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

Honestly they all will perform within 5% of each other so there really is NO "Best" for the current release of 1070's. I am an MSI fan but will not be buying there card because of the BiOS issue they did for reviewers.

Have you seen the response to this ? They said they sent the cards already in the OC mode that you can activate through there app because most reviewers don't use it (the app). So they didn't modify the BIOS but activated a feature that most reviewers don't use. After that I agree that this whole thing is a little fishy because they could have said it to the reviewers

Sorry for Bad English, Baguette here 

STENDHAL: CPU: i5 6600K | MOBO: ASUS MAXIMUS VIII Ranger | GPU: MSI GTX 1070 GAMING X | RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2400MHz | Case: CM HAF XB | Storage: Kingston UV400 240GB SSD + 750GB WD Blue | CPU Cooler: Hyper 212X | PSU: Corsair RM750X

6 minutes ago, BbsMentos said:

Have you seen the response to this ? They said they sent the cards already in the OC mode that you can activate through there app because most reviewers don't use it (the app). So they didn't modify the BIOS but activated a feature that most reviewers don't use. After that I agree that this whole thing is a little fishy because they could have said it to the reviewers

I have seen the responses. I still do not agree with it. If reviewers, in my opinion, are expected to show the end users how to use the cards to their full potential, then they should have to use the software just like you or I would. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

I really like the Asus Strix design. Probably gonna buy it now that I know there's no difference beetween them.

Anyone know if Gigabyte are going to do a 1070 Extreme like the 1080? I LOVE that design with the middle fan in that position!

Anyway, now I have to wait for the release here in Italy.

Thank you all ^^