RX 480 and Gtx 960?

Fumferknuckle

Hello all. I have a question that I sort of think I know the answer to, but not completely sure. I've watched the video where Linus had a Nvidia card and AMD card working together, I don't think they helped one another but they were functional in the same machine. My question is: could it be possible to keep my 960 and use it for shadowplay and maybe physX while I use the RX 480 for gaming purposes? It looks like it's going to be a wild upgrade compared to my 960, but I love shadowplay. Probably the best software I've used for recording my gameplay that doesn't use tons of storage, lose lots of image quality, and most importantly drain my frames. Would they play nicely together or would it not work at all? Thanks for the replies. 

4 minutes ago, Fumferknuckle said:

Hello all. I have a question that I sort of think I know the answer to, but not completely sure. I've watched the video where Linus had a Nvidia card and AMD card working together, I don't think they helped one another but they were functional in the same machine. My question is: could it be possible to keep my 960 and use it for shadowplay and maybe physX while I use the RX 480 for gaming purposes? It looks like it's going to be a wild upgrade compared to my 960, but I love shadowplay. Probably the best software I've used for recording my gameplay that doesn't use tons of storage, lose lots of image quality, and most importantly drain my frames. Would they play nicely together or would it not work at all? Thanks for the replies. 

No, unfortunately that's not possible. As for recording software you can use Plays.tv, and while not as good, is pretty solid. 

AMD doesn't have Shadowplay but they do have Raptr/plays.tv which I think is great for recording gameplay. I use it on an R9 390 and I don't really notice any FPS drop and the quality is great and small file sizes.

19 minutes ago, Angelologist said:

AMD doesn't have Shadowplay but they do have Raptr/plays.tv which I think is great for recording gameplay. I use it on an R9 390 and I don't really notice any FPS drop and the quality is great and small file sizes.

I understand that AMD lacks the shadowplay, that's why I was curious if I could rig it to work in tandem with the Nvidia card. All is well then. I'll have to give the raptr software a try if the 480 turns out to be as good as it appears it will be. Thanks for the info. 

Just use OBS. If you have an Intel cpu, it even has the option to use your iGPU instead of your GPU. 

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit