Video idea

So I recently had the idea that having a small computer would be really good for traveling, but what if you just want something that is all in one, monitor and desktop, that allows you to have a full size graphics card in it and that doesn't require the razor core? this is where the custom all in one comes in. The build, pretty much, is mounting a small form factor case behind a monitor (something like a corsair bulldog), have a handle on it for carrying, and boom! you have a portable desktop that is 4K capable (if you spend the money). This would be an epic guide to do as some peoples don't quite have the money to buy the skull canyon or other mini desktops like this and need to carry something more powerful the a laptop, but still have great performance. Or for  peoples that just want something that is more portable than a full size desktop, less bulky; this would make it so that you don't have to go to the car, take your tower out, put it in the house, go back to the car take your monitor out, then set up the tower, set up the monitor, the mice, keyboard, etc... Here just take the system out, put it on a desk, rig up power, mice and keyboard and you are set.

Linus/luke you could do a guide on how to do this, what you should be looking for when buying parts, you could even make it a battle for who has the best design, the most practical, best looking and many other criterias. This is something i'd really like to see and others probably would enjoy learning about too.

Also in the past they covered an all in one PC that allowed you to build your own custom tower however it was big and bulky, you might want to look around the internet for people doing builds in hard cases, they're pretty cheap to come by and it's not to difficult to put an entire setup in one.

Sergeant, United States Marine Corps

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

From a G3258 to dual Xeon E5-2670's

1 minute ago, Jacktastic-Mofo said:

Also in the past they covered an all in one PC that allowed you to build your own custom tower however it was big and bulky, you might want to look around the internet for people doing builds in hard cases, they're pretty cheap to come by and it's not to difficult to put an entire setup in one.

You are right i saying that others have done it, but I think it would be cool if they did a version of their own, maybe come back on what they have already done to do it with current hardware (Btw I never saw that vid i'll have a look). we'll see what other say about it ok? =)

I don't think its feasible to have a mini portable PC all in one that is 4k ready. not truly 4k ready anyway (makes no sense to run 4k if you have the lowest settings on everything you run). Many current full tower machines until the release of the 1080 struggled a fair amount at 4k. Its not a walk in the part yet, let alone trying to make it small, light, and portable. the heat alone would be almost unbearable.

But still, this WOULD be a cool video to see what they could come up with. They could do it in one of their themed PC showdown things they've been doing (tech showdown?)

Speak of the devil, Slick mentioned this (or something similar) in the Skullcanyon NUC review. 

This idea may already be in the works, considering the 1 week Vessel to Youtube delay, plus the few day delay from filming to the Vessel upload.

May Our Framerates Be High And Our Temperatures Be Low.

PSUs: EVGA B2/G2/GQ/GS, Corsair RMx/i, Grey-Label CXM, Everything Seasonic/Delta/Super Flower, XFX except XT

Use pcpartpicker.com

Full-size GPU is the main issue, but hey, we have powerful SFF GPUs like Nano.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv