FX 6300 vs FX 8350

1 minute ago, Morgan MLGman said:

Yeah. That is the reason, though the outcome is the same. CPUs bottleneck more in lower resolutions.

again, that is due to the gpu, not the resolution being harder on the cpu. you said i was wrong, no i'm not. resolution has 0 effect on the cpu.

My rig:
CPU: i5 4690k 24/7 @4.4ghz (1.165v) Max 4.7ghz (1.325v) COOLER: NZXT Kraken X61 MOBO: Asus Z97-A   RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical   GPU: EVGA GTX 970 SSC   PSU: EVGA GS 650W   CASE: NZXT Phantom 530 HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB + WD Black 2TB

2 minutes ago, incarnate said:

again, that is due to the gpu, not the resolution being harder on the cpu. you said i was wrong, no i'm not. resolution has 0 effect on the cpu.

The reason why is irrelevant, really. The sky is blue due to how physics work on light, but does it matter? No, it's blue and you can do nothing about it

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

The reason why is irrelevant, really

It is relevant when you claim someone is wrong. You only claim it's is irrelevant now because I've shown how you're wrong. You didn't seem to think it was irrelevant when you were trying to prove me wrong.

My rig:
CPU: i5 4690k 24/7 @4.4ghz (1.165v) Max 4.7ghz (1.325v) COOLER: NZXT Kraken X61 MOBO: Asus Z97-A   RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical   GPU: EVGA GTX 970 SSC   PSU: EVGA GS 650W   CASE: NZXT Phantom 530 HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB + WD Black 2TB

2 minutes ago, incarnate said:

It is relevant when you claim someone is wrong. You only claim it's is irrelevant now because I've shown how you're wrong. You didn't seem to think it was irrelevant when you were trying to prove me wrong.

No, it's only cause you said this: " Resolution doesn't make a difference for cpus. Not one bit. They will bottleneck at the same frame rate regardless of the resolution. "

This is not the full story.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

No, it's only cause you said this: " Resolution doesn't make a difference for cpus. Not one bit. They will bottleneck at the same frame rate regardless of the resolution. "

This is not the full story.

I'm done arguing with you dude. Go ahead and thing that a cpu doesn't bottleneck at the same FPS regradless of resolution. Go ahead and think that turn up resolutions magically makes the cpu perform better. I'm not going to argue with someone who doesn't know how bottlenecks work any further.

My rig:

5 minutes ago, incarnate said:

I'm done arguing with you dude. Go ahead and thing that a cpu doesn't bottleneck at the same FPS regradless of resolution. Go ahead and think that turn up resolutions magically makes the cpu perform better. I'm not going to argue with someone who doesn't know how bottlenecks work any further.

I know how it works and I know why it works like it does. Regardless of all, the lower the resolution, the more likely it is for your CPU to be the bottleneck in the system.

This is a correct statement that should be written as a response to OP asking about whether resolution matters in CPU bottlenecks or not.

I know how it works and I know why it works like it does. Regardless of all, the lower the resolution, the more likely it is for your CPU to be the bottleneck in the system.

This is a correct statement that should be written as a response to OP asking about whether resolution matters in CPU bottlenecks or not.

I never said that cpus aren't more likely to bottleneck a gpu at lower resolutions. But weather or not they do is entirely dependent on the gpu in question, not the cpu. an i5 won't bottleneck a 6500 GT at any resolution now will it?

My rig:

5 minutes ago, Morgan MLGman said:

my point being that a cpu will bottleneck at the same FPS in a given gaming, regardless of the resolution. this is because a cpu can only handle so many draw calls, this again is dependent on the framerate, not the resolution. see now how you're wrong by saying that resolution is the cause? yes it is more likely to reach that limit at lower resolutions, but no, it isn't dependent on it.

My rig:

9 minutes ago, incarnate said:

I never said that cpus aren't more likely to bottleneck a gpu at lower resolutions. But weather or not they do is entirely dependent on the gpu in question, not the cpu. an i5 won't bottleneck a 6500 GT at any resolution now will it?

Of course it won't, it's a 6500 GT. Listen, you need to understand that OP has no idea about stuff like this when giving advice, he assummed that he can get a slower CPU since he plays at a low resolution, in the present world it should be the opposite, faster CPU slower GPU if the res is low, you don't need to explain to me how it works because I know that.

What you said is confusing to someone who doesn't have any idea how it works, because you simply said that the CPU-resolution corelation doesn't exist, as the CPU will always perform the same, but you failed to mention that the impact on the CPU will be different depending on the power of the GPU, which usually means that the higher the resolution, the more powerful the GPU is present in the system

13 minutes ago, incarnate said:

my point being that a cpu will bottleneck at the same FPS in a given gaming, regardless of the resolution. this is because a cpu can only handle so many draw calls, this again is dependent on the framerate, not the resolution. see now how you're wrong by saying that resolution is the cause? yes it is more likely to reach that limit at lower resolutions, but no, it isn't dependent on it.

he knows that already and he pointed it out multiple times already.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

2 hours ago, incarnate said:

As far as i´m concerned the framerate is exaly depending on the resolution aswell.

How higher you go up in resolution, how lower your frame rate will be.

Untill the point that you become mainly gpu bound, which often is the case at 4K gaming with a single gpu.

Because as you go higher in resolution the load on the cpu it self doesnt change much.

I assume thats what he is refering to?