Good psu

Yoobsterlol

What's a good psu that will last me at least 6 years? Would be best if the psu wasn't over 150 us dollars (I'm actually Canadian but for some reason I'm more used to the pricing in usd, for pc parts anyway)

2 minutes ago, Yoobsterlol said:

What's a good psu that will last me at least 6 years? Would be best if the psu wasn't over 150 us dollars (I'm actually Canadian but for some reason I'm more used to the pricing in usd, for pc parts anyway)

You can easily get an EVGA 750B2 to last 6 years and that's nowhere near 150 USD. If you're up for spending more then an EVGA 750G2 is also that. However, we don't even know your system specs and a very cheap PSU may be able to last you 20 years. What are them specs my friend?

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

5 minutes ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

You can easily get an EVGA 750B2 to last 6 years and that's nowhere near 150 USD. If you're up for spending more then an EVGA 750G2 is also that. However, we don't even know your system specs and a very cheap PSU may be able to last you 20 years. What are them specs my friend?

Exactly :P

Sergeant, United States Marine Corps

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

From a G3258 to dual Xeon E5-2670's

6 minutes ago, Jacktastic-Mofo said:

Exactly :P

I would say buy an AX1500i and it would probably outlast him but like

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

2 minutes ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

I would say buy an AX1500i and it would probably outlast him but like

I'm friends with the guy who hit 8.495Ghz on the FX 8350 like two years ago and he wants to sell me an AX1200i for $80 and I'm sooooo close.

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

2 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

Is he that guy who used a sock, a pipe, and liquid nitrogen?

I'm friends with Chew, we talk on a daily basis.

17 minutes ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

Well I'm just now building a pc and I'm thinking of having a decent pc with like an i3 6100 and a GTX 950(I know pathetic but will do) and later on sell most of that except the storage drives, case, and you guessed it, psu so I want to be able to save some money on the future ultimate gaming rig with like a cannon lake cpu and a GTX 1180

1 minute ago, Yoobsterlol said:

Well I'm just now building a pc and I'm thinking of having a decent pc with like an i3 6100 and a GTX 950(I know pathetic but will do) and later on sell most of that except the storage drives, case, and you guessed it, psu so I want to be able to save some money on the future ultimate gaming rig with like a cannon lake cpu and a GTX 1180

Well that's a ways away but OK.

An EVGA 650G2 should do you nicely.

1 minute ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

Well that's a ways away but OK.

An EVGA 650G2 should do you nicely.

Or I could just stop thinking so far ahead and just get an ultimate rig now that can hopefully last 5 years with a 1080 and a 6700k

or another way is just don't bother and wait for the Volta and Cannon lake while using my "okay" 940mx and 6200u laptop

Your opinion on the subject?

2 minutes ago, Yoobsterlol said:

Or I could just stop thinking so far ahead and just get an ultimate rig now that can hopefully last 5 years with a 1080 and a 6700k

or another way is just don't bother and wait for the Volta and Cannon lake while using my "okay" 940mx and 6200u laptop

Your opinion on the subject?

Use your laptop for now and buy an i7 and 1080. However, that won't last 5 years for gaming I don't think. You wouldn't be using a Fermi card today, for example.

1 minute ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

Use your laptop for now and buy an i7 and 1080. However, that won't last 5 years for gaming I don't think. You wouldn't be using a Fermi card today, for example.

I guess but what if I happened to save up a little money and sold my 1080 when the Volta cards come out and ended up getting a Kaby lake cpu in a few months and a 1080 now?

3 minutes ago, Yoobsterlol said:

I guess but what if I happened to save up a little money and sold my 1080 when the Volta cards come out and ended up getting a Kaby lake cpu in a few months and a 1080 now?

Skylake to Kaby Lake will likely not be a colossal jump. I would just grab a 6700k now. This whole "waiting for the next best thing" thing will go on until you never end up with hardware!

20 hours ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

Skylake to Kaby Lake will likely not be a colossal jump. I would just grab a 6700k now. This whole "waiting for the next best thing" thing will go on until you never end up with hardware!

hwy do you think a seasonic x-850 will last 6+ years?

1 minute ago, Yoobsterlol said:

hwy do you think a seasonic x-850 will last 6+ years?

*Hey

8 minutes ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

yes, easily

Then I guess I will go with that,  thank you very much for your help :) Man I love this forum!