Plain red screen on crash

MisterWhite
Go to solution Solved by Matt420740,
12 hours ago, MisterWhite said:

So far bf3 is the only game that experienced this. Internet suggests various reasons for this.

And most of those reasons and the people experiencing them seem to be linked to AMD cards.  -   http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2955065217445235763/2/

Its just an issue between BF3 and AMDs cards.  Not sure what the issue is, but its not likely to be fixed at this point as old as BF3 is.   I certainly wouldn't RMA the card, as any replacement from AMD will probably do the same.  Unless you play BF3 religiously, I'd probably just deal with it, as the only way to fix it seems to be to switch to team green.

So it happened 2 times today when i was playing Battlefield 3. My display drivers are up to date. So far bf3 is the only game that experienced this. Internet suggests various reasons for this. Should i just use my graphics card warranty and be done with it or there is something that I can do?

PC restarts after like 10 secs. and it takes a bit longer to boot into windows.

EDIT: temps are fine too btw

20160604_152102.jpg

i5-4690k, R9 380 4gb, 8gb-1600MHz ram, corsair vs 550w, astrock h97m anniversary.

2 hours ago, MisterWhite said:

<Snip>

I would say it's a GPU problem, red normally means a driver or completely wrecked GPU.

If you have a HDD then the longer boot could be the HDD's seeking as they were not shut down properly.

It's not a race to the bottom.

12 hours ago, MisterWhite said:

So far bf3 is the only game that experienced this. Internet suggests various reasons for this.

And most of those reasons and the people experiencing them seem to be linked to AMD cards.  -   http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2955065217445235763/2/

Its just an issue between BF3 and AMDs cards.  Not sure what the issue is, but its not likely to be fixed at this point as old as BF3 is.   I certainly wouldn't RMA the card, as any replacement from AMD will probably do the same.  Unless you play BF3 religiously, I'd probably just deal with it, as the only way to fix it seems to be to switch to team green.