Ping Spikes WRT1900AC

elcou96

Recently, our ISP changed our router (WRT1900AC) to bridge mode, because we were having some issues with the combination of their modem/router combo and our router, (mainly the digital-television-box that needed a direct connection to their modem).

Since that change I've been having ping spikes on our network. I found that the lag occurs between pc's and the router, and not between the router and the internet, or the router and the ISP-modem/router (see attached picture: left is pc to router, right is pc to google.com).

I can't, however, figure out what is causing the spikes and what might fix it?

IMG_20160620_165525.jpg

Does that mean your network is setup like:

ISP--->Their Router--->Your Router--->Your Computer?

|

TV

More like

ISP--->Their Router--->Your Router--->Your Computer?

|       |

TV    NAS,Printer, Other PC's and phones

Please can you tidy up the original post to clarify what the situation is, it's quite hard to make out because of a few typo/spelling errors.

System/Server Administrator - Networking - Storage - Virtualization - Scripting - Applications

Is it internet TV you get? I.E are some channels delivered through the internet? 

System/Server Administrator - Networking - Storage - Virtualization - Scripting - Applications

Yeah, I think so, the digibox-thing is connected with an ethernet port and a coax-cable.

Can you see if it happens when you have disconnected the TV from the the internet please? TV over internet channels use multicast to work, it's possible a multicast storm is slowing the network down.

Tried it and it didn't fix it...

(if you're wondering why I'm taking pictures of my screen with my phone, I was asking myself the same thing...)

IMG_20160620_174848.jpg

You could try disconnecting other devices one at a time to see if anything else similar is happening with them.

I've tried every device, so far none of them appear to cause the spikes