Converting from iPhone to Android

I am going to be converting over to android for my next phone, and I am not sure where to begin,  

I am looking at the HTC 10, Samsung galaxy S7, Oneplus 3, and the Google Nexus 6p for options, and not sure which one to choose.  

I was wondering if anyone could give me some tips, their experiences with the phones, and some advice in the transition.

Samsung has a transfer tool for iOS to andoid if you went with the GS7.

I have a GS7 and love it.

What country are you in?/what carrier

What are you looking for in a phone? Camera, battery, removable storage/battery, screen size, high medium low tier etc

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700k CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H100i Mobo:  Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X 32GB 2133 Storage #1: 1TB 850 EVO SSD Storage #2: Western Digital Black 2TB Storage #3: Western Digital Green 4TB GPU: Gigabyte 980 Ti G1 Case: Mastercase5 PSU: EVGA 750 W G2 80+Gold Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Brown Mouse: Razer Deathadder Elite Monitor: LG 34UM94 Headset: Bose

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S9

Nexus 6p: Pure nexus, but its 2015 hardware. Plus, the Snapdragon 810 isnt a really good SoC.

I would not get this anymore, except you "NEED" pure stock android directly from google. Which is a "meh reason". Not an interesting phone, tbh, and quite big.

HTC 10: Sense is Very near stock android. Interfacse, "double Apps" are gone for mostly the Google version. Good Camera, good Soundquality (speaker AND headphones), good build quality.

Negatives: Still emmc 5.0 (or 5.1) storage, which is way slower than UFS 2.0 standard.

Galaxy S7: Great phone, "near perfection", according to many reviewers. Theres very little this baby does wrong/bad, and most of them are excellent. Build quality, Size/battery ratio, battery life, Display quality, Camera. Even Security patches are nice, they came every other month for my german T-Mobile branded device. It has fast 32gb UFS 2.0 storage, an SD Slot, its rated IP68 (i once poured coke over it. Went to the sink, washed it away, let it try, done. like new.
Even Touchwiz is pretty awesome. Theming gives you nice visual possibilities, it has some very nice features, and its nowhere near as bloated as it used to be. It also feels quite fast/snappy.

Negatives: Touchwiz is still just preference tho.. No MHL, no USB Type C (not a real bummer in my opinion...), Touchwiz has some very minor flaws (like, when you add a new App, the App drawer does NOT sort them alphabetically by auto. you always have to do it yourself), Always-on-display doesnt show third party notifications such as whatsapp.

But those are, like i said, pretty minor points.

I can recommend it 100% (got the S7 Edge), even more if you're NOT from US. because then you'll have the variant with the better and more efficienz Exynos 8890 (like 10-30% longer Battery Life)

Oneplus 3: Oh boy... Almost no compromises on this baby. 5,5" with 1080p Amoled (Diamond Matrix.. if you have VERY sensible eyes (like "Erica Griffin. Watch her Review from Today), you can tell, that the Panel is only 1080p and not 1440p. Otherwise, you shouldn't notice any difference at all). Display calibration doesnt seem much off.

Battery is fine (some users got 6 hours screen on time on their first day with playing around), Build quality is good. Camera is pretty good, even in Low Light. It has a near-stock UI (OxygenOS, or if you want you can flash Cyanogenmod.) with a very very big Custom Rom community. It has Dual Sim, it has 64gb of fast UFS 2.0 storage, and 6gb Ram (very aggressive Ram management tho... It acts like it only has 4gb~) With Root, you can Fix it).

Negatives: Maybe not much warranty/support, because the company only exists in China, Maybe not the fastest updates. That should be it.

So, to a conclusion:

I personally would take the Oneplus 3. They nailed it quite good this year, with a very good Smartphone for a very good price (399+ shipping).

IF things like a Micro-SD Slot, IP68 rating, or local warranty support in your country is very important, i can recommend the S7 (Edge).

If those Things aren't thaaaaaat important, and you like to save a few bucks.. Oneplus 3 is your best choice right now.

• 4 weeks later...

I live in Canada and with Rogers (so that does exclude the HTC 10, due to it being a Bell exclusive), so that's a nice bonus with the S7! 

Thanks for the replies! 

I did hear the the Nexus 6p's Snapdragon 810 was a bit of an issue with some people, but other than that (And not image stabilizing) I hear people are very happy with theirs. And my carrier is having a nice sale on their 6p's, but seeing both of you are enjoying the others more, I will probably look closer to those instead. 

But for the ones that sound to be the best best for right now sound to be the Samsung S7 & One Plus 3. 

I do enjoy everything about the S7.  The micro SD slot (especially with being stuck with iPhone's capacity only) & that transfer tool both sound very appealing.  But the speakers, software, and build quality (glass back) are making me feel a bit nervous?  Since I am coming from iOS, I don't know very much about androids & their software.  So I don't know what to think about the "bloatware" that Samsung's apparently have.  But, since both of you are saying how you enjoy the touch wiz of the Samsung, I really shouldn't worry about that and just dive in, right? 

The thing with the OP3 is that I would have to spend $520 right now on it, and the samsung IS more money over all, it is spread out on my plan.  It sounds a little backwards, but I don't have the most money to throw around right now, and being able to spread the payments out is nice for my current situation. 

Which is really unfortunate, because I keep hearing how everyone is loving their OP3 ... 

The main thing for me is to enjoy my transition over to Android, and not feel like it was a mistake. 

I do feel like being disappointed in the new phone will be hard, seeing that I will have many more options, costs less, and more performance when compared to any iPhone out now lol