With the New AMD RX 480...

Go to solution Solved by vanished,
1 hour ago, SkullHQ said:

And you think that'll work with an RX 480 as well?

It'll be enough power, and if he says it's safe, then it's ok :)  Definitely better than the one you have now by the sounds of it xD 

I have a PC with relatively good specs but a horrible GPU. I'm planning to buy the RX 480 when it releases at the end of the month. With a combo of my current specs and one RX 480, what power supply should I get?

ALL PC SPECS: 
-Thermaltake Armor Revo Gene Chassis
-Gigabyte Ga-Z87-HD3 | Motherboard
-Intel Core i7-4770K Desktop Processor | Clocked @ 3.5 GHz

-AMD R7 260X | GPU
-iBUYPOWER 16GB DDR3 | RAM
-WD 2TB 7200RPM | Hard Drive
-DVD/Blu-ray Disc Combo Drive
-Microsoft Windows 10 Home
-2 LED 120mm Fans- Red & Green
-12-in-1 Digital Media Card Reader 

What GPU and PSU do you have currently?

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

What is the PSU you have currently? I don't expect it to be good but it may not completely suck.

The 4770k + 480 will never breach 250W under load so you don't have to worry too much about wattage. If you're on a tighter budget an EVGA 750B2 or 650GQ (the lowest wattage versions of each for whatever reason) will do you nicely.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

8 minutes ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

What is the PSU you have currently? I don't expect it to be good but it may not completely suck.

The 4770k + 480 will never breach 250W under load so you don't have to worry too much about wattage. If you're on a tighter budget an EVGA 750B2 or 650GQ (the lowest wattage versions of each for whatever reason) will do you nicely.

Never forget Antec HCG c: (Quite cheap atm for the 620W one: http://pcpartpicker.com/product/mWphP6/antec-power-supply-hcg620m

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

8 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

Never forget Antec HCG c: (Quite cheap atm for the 620W one: http://pcpartpicker.com/product/mWphP6/antec-power-supply-hcg620m

Based on the Seasonic M12 which is usually cheaper but I believe the HCG is significantly less loud so that may be a good option, yes.

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

(For people wondering why my late response, I forgot I posted on the forum)

On 6/18/2016 at 2:35 AM, Ryan_Vickers said:

What GPU and PSU do you have currently?

On 6/18/2016 at 2:37 AM, vagabond139 said:

What is your budget?

On 6/18/2016 at 0:58 PM, STRMfrmXMN said:

I currently have whatever generic PSU came with my case. It is literally grey. And every few weeks it decides to turn off while in use. I honestly have no idea what it is. And my GPU is an r7 260x. Pretty terrible. My budget is basically whatever I need. I just want what is best for the combination of parts I have.

4 minutes ago, SkullHQ said:

I currently have whatever generic PSU came with my case. I honestly have no idea. And my GPU is an r7 260x. Pretty terrible. My budget is basically whatever I need. I just want what is best for the combination of parts I have.

Ah, if you have a 260X then a Corsair CX450M is fine.

4 minutes ago, SkullHQ said:

I currently have whatever generic PSU came with my case. I honestly have no idea. And my GPU is an r7 260x. Pretty terrible. My budget is basically whatever I need. I just want what is best for the combination of parts I have.

1 hour ago, SkullHQ said:

It'll be enough power, and if he says it's safe, then it's ok :)  Definitely better than the one you have now by the sounds of it xD 

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.