Headphone Recommendations?

Hey guys I'm new to the forum but I'm having some huge thoughts on headphones. I own a audio technica at2035. I'm really interested in the audio technica lineup of headphones. I like the looks, the price, and they seem to always get good reviews. I like open back headphones but am willing to try out the m50x. anyways I wanna know if you think mainly the price between the 700x and 900x is worth it? I know the 900 has more of a faltline base with I like. Idk tell me what you guys think especially if you own one of these...

which headphones..PNG

I own the m50 and they are not a very good value, they get so much praise because people are coming from shitty headsets over to them with okay sound quality, the highs are not very good, the mids can also be a bit muddy, they are in no way flat like a lot of reviewers say.

If I could go back in time, I would not buy them.

Out of those 3 I would go for the AD900x, but I would recomend looking at other brands also like sennheiser and AKG.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

I'll just say that I love my m40x's. If you look at the reviews, people say there isn't much difference between them and the m50x's. Plus, they are *almost* half the price. Just saying. :)

Good luck with your search!

Desktop Build:

AMD Ryzen 5 1600 | MSI b350m Mortar Arctic | 16GB DDR4 Kingston HyperX Fury | Fractal Design Define Mini C TG | 240GB Sandisk SSD Plus

Home Server Build:

Intel Core i3-6100 | ASRock Pro 4s | 16GB DDR4 Kingston HyperX Fury | Corsair 500r

"Just because you're garbage doesn't mean you can't do great things. It's called garbage can, not garbage cannot."
-Oscar the Grouch

Out of thoes, the 900x

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."