Windows 7 keyboard problems

Tuba

Hi dont know if this is in the right place so move please to right place.

Anyway sometimes I get this annoying thing where Windows acts like I would be pressing a certain key all the time but actually not even touching the keyboard. For example it does that and when I press someother key like enter or letters then it does its normal combination that it would normally do. It usually are the keys like alt, ctrl or tab. Then I have to restart the PC in order for it to go back to normal. This is frustrating always as I am doing something and it happens. 

Anyone know what is wrong?

Thanks

Tried cleaning your keyboard?

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

I dont think that the problem. The keyboard isnt very old and it happens once very 2-3 days.

Try troubleshooting using the windows troubleshooter

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows-vista/troubleshoot-keyboard-problems

CPU: Intel Core i5 4670K | CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: Asus Z87 PRO | Ram: Corsair Vengence 8GB DDR3 | Graphics Card: Asus GTX 670 Direct CU II OC | SSD128GB Samsung 840 Evo  | HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda 

Case: CM Storm Scout 2 | Monitor: 2x LG 22EA53VQ IPS 

When it happens, hit and let go each of the following keys: Ctrl, Shift, Alt, on both sides of your keyboard.

Your problem should be solved.

Here are some possibilities on why it happens:

-> A software sends a key press to Windows, but not release, to emulate a keyboard shortcut, for some reason, or to have fun with you.

-> Your keyboard is dirty, or has humidity that made the keys sticks. (A full disassemble of the keyboard, and a wipe with a clean micro-fiber cloth on each plastic sheet that does contact with keys (you'll know what I mean, when you do it). It's this thing:

keyboard_1resized.jpg

It's 3 plastic sheet put on top of another. You probably have dust or humidity between each sheets, which does contact on a key.

-> You have some accessibility feature in Windows, that stick these keys down when you press them.

Open the Windows accessibility panel, and make sure you disable everything.