Sony FDR-AX33 4K or Sony HDR-CX405?

On 06/07/2016 at 5:56 PM, Wario said:

Too bad that it doesn't support 4K video though. :/

yes it does, the mk4 RX100 and the AX100 camcorder are both 4k, and 1" sensors

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

• 3 weeks later...

Oh, you are right! It's only for 5 minutes per video though D:

How does the "Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000EG" hold up to the Sony AX100 and the MK4 RX100? It costs significantly less, also seems to have a 1" sensor and has 4K video capabilities (100mbit) with a 29 minute limit per video.

EDIT: That camera was second-best in a test by the Stiftung Warentest so this camera can't be bad. The best one was the "Canon PowerShot G1 X Mark II" and third place is the "Sony Cybershot DSC-RX10".

4 hours ago, Wario said:

snip

What exactly are you looking for in a camera?  You've been at it for over a month.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

I have some trouble making the right decisions - I am afraid that I might spend money on the wrong product. I just want the best product possible for the lowest price possible. I've also been trying to figure out which parts I'm going to use for my new PC build for almost a year. I'm almost finished though.

I want a camera to make some B-movies with my friends. Since I'm able to spend more money I'd like to have a camera/camcorder which will last me 10 years or more. The picture quality should be awesome even in low-light conditions and in interior shots. 4K is a good way to "future proof" and gives me plenty of room for video editing.

The Panasonic one seems to have everything that I want and the sample videos on YouTube look great too. The only question I have now is whether it matches the video quality of the Sony cameras/camcorders. Since €999 for the MK4 RX100  and €1600 for the AX100 is a little too expensive for my usage I've been trying to seek a cheaper alternative which still offers everything I'd ever need in a camera. The Panasonic one comes really close to that at only €699.

EDIT: Hm, the Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX100 seems to be great too. Gaaah! There are just too many cameras to choose from!

3 hours ago, Wario said:

snip

There's nothing you can do besides save up more money or buy the camera you can afford to spend money on now.  They are all more or less good cameras.

Addendum:

Don't think about 10 years, in 10 years you might have money saved up to buy a better one.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer