Free VPS?

Hey there everyone,

I would like to ask if anyone knows a free vps service and how the crap I could connect to one, I really don't know anything when it comes to vps's and would love it if you guys could shine some light on the topic. Thanks xD

Here,  I was in your position and now I am amazing with servers

So I didn't want to spend money so I signed up on a forum called http://freevps.us where you can post to get points, and with those points every month you can choose a vps from the giveaway section and whoever has the most points (Usually from most posts and threads) wins the certain VPS.

At first I was like how tf am I supposed to use this thing??

Then I downloaded putty.

I used the login details and checked what operating system I had, Ubuntu. I wanted to start a Minecraft server so I installed Java on the VPS that I connected to from putty. After that I learned that to keep your server on 24/7 you need a thing called screen so I got that as well. I also got the server JAR file for Minecraft, learned how to start it from online tutorials, and connected to see my server files to edit my server VIA Filezilla

VPS's are just trial and error that comes with a learning curve.

FreeVPS.us is the only legitimate operation I know of to reliably get free VPSs but if you're just looking to learn then maybe one of the many NAT'ed VPSs for a few bucks a year might be better for you. If you want a dedicated IP you can get a VPS for around $1 per month also. Check out LowEndBox.com and LowEndTalk.com for offers or for a cheap NAT'ed VPS check out LowEndSpirit.com and grab one from them (I have a bunch of them and some are more reliable than others).

-KuJoe

2 minutes ago, KuJoe said:

FreeVPS.us is the only legitimate operation I know of to reliably get free VPSs but if you're just looking to learn then maybe one of the many NAT'ed VPSs for a few bucks a year might be better for you. If you want a dedicated IP you can get a VPS for around $1 per month also. Check out LowEndBox.com and LowEndTalk.com for offers or for a cheap NAT'ed VPS check out LowEndSpirit.com and grab one from them (I have a bunch of them and some are more reliable than others).

Thank you will check the hosts out xD

9 minutes ago, No said:

Here,  I was in your position and now I am amazing with servers

So I didn't want to spend money so I signed up on a forum called http://freevps.us where you can post to get points, and with those points every month you can choose a vps from the giveaway section and whoever has the most points (Usually from most posts and threads) wins the certain VPS.

At first I was like how tf am I supposed to use this thing??

Then I downloaded putty.

I used the login details and checked what operating system I had, Ubuntu. I wanted to start a Minecraft server so I installed Java on the VPS that I connected to from putty. After that I learned that to keep your server on 24/7 you need a thing called screen so I got that as well. I also got the server JAR file for Minecraft, learned how to start it from online tutorials, and connected to see my server files to edit my server VIA Filezilla

VPS's are just trial and error that comes with a learning curve.

Thank you, I'm ready to learn :D

Security is also essential. You can learn overtime with file permissions, passwords etc

You never get free vps there use to be one called koding.com not a vps as such but an ide there is a free alternitive called c9.io or nitrous.io but thay are ide and not a vps so you cant get docker or thing like that if you are looking for a vps i recommend you check out digitalocion or vultr or ovh if you are on the cheep side i hope this helped you abit 

P.S also my first post in  this section 

I don't know about free but you can test out a VPS for really really cheap from lowendstock.com or lowendspirit.com

CPU AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6 Core 12 Threads Motherboard TUF B450M-PLUS GAMING RAM 32GB Dual-Channel DDR4 GPU 11GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti Case be quiet! White OS Linux Mint Cinnamon