How do I set up Folding@Home?

12 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Right-click on the icon in the system tray, and go to Advanced Control.  Then click Configure in the upper left corner, and switch to the Slots tab.  You can select one of these and click Edit to change settings, or remove it entirely.  Adding them in is easy if you need to again.

Okay, so I removed the GPU then added it again to test out, but it won't start folding now. On its slot it says "paused, waiting for idle", but I have it set to run while I'm on the PC, not just idle. What do?

Lenovo Ideapad 720s 14 inch ------ One day I'll have a desktop again...

4 minutes ago, Spork829 said:

Okay, so I removed the GPU then added it again to test out, but it won't start folding now. On its slot it says "paused, waiting for idle", but I have it set to run while I'm on the PC, not just idle. What do?

Nevermind, it just took a minute. 

Lenovo Ideapad 720s 14 inch ------ One day I'll have a desktop again...

1 hour ago, Spork829 said:

Nevermind, it just took a minute. 

If you right click on the icon, you can see two toggle items.  "On Idle" and "Pause".  Turning on On Idle will make it run after you abandon the PC, but auto-pause when you start using it again.  Turning this off will make it just run no matter what.  Turning on Pause overrides whatever the other setting is and pauses it until you turn it off again.  If you'd like more manual control, that's the way to do it.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/16/2016 at 11:15 PM, Spork829 said:

Thanks, I'm all set then :D

Make sure you get a passkey, you'll need that for the quick return bonus (if you have enough oomph to do speedy folding).

To find out your current performance (total points) see http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=userpage&username=blahblah

where you substitute your actual user name for "blahblah".

To find our your team ranking (and other information), see http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_list.php?s=&t=223518

this will show the first page of the LTT team rankings (top 100 members), go to the last page and work your way forward until you find your ranking (or be bold and type in the page # in the url address by adding a "&p=84" (no quotes) at the end of the url, substituting 84 for whatever page you want to see), then...

click on your member name to see your member summary page, and check out the left sidebar for other informative pages about LTT and other info related to your folding performance.

Most of this information is in the main folding forum sticky, but it's nice to have it all in one easy read...

- Pete

Folding For Linus since July 2015