HD 600 Amp Recommendation

Hi everyone.  I just received my new HD 600's the other day.  I was curious, I have been using a Fiio e18 as a dac & amp combo in the past.  Do you think this would be good enough for a set of headphones, or is it time for an upgrade?  What do you guys suggest?

You have been Spfinated!

3 minutes ago, SSL said:

Do you want to upgrade? What kind of budget do you have?

I'm open to the idea of an upgrade.  I guess I'm wondering if it's worth it to upgrade.  Would I see a big difference with new hardware?  Budget $500 and below or so.  This is a new level of audio equipment for me, so I am not super familiar with everything yet.

You have been Spfinated!

2 minutes ago, SPFINATOR1993 said:

I'm open to the idea of an upgrade.  I guess I'm wondering if it's worth it to upgrade.  Would I see a big difference with new hardware?  Budget $500 and below or so.  

Many people believe that the HD600 is worth investing in. Schiit amps are worth considering.

2 minutes ago, SSL said:

Many people believe that the HD600 is worth investing in. Schiit amps are worth considering.

I think I recall hearing about Schiit amps before on the YT channel.  Anything you'd recommend?  Also, I listen to a little bit of everything.  Lately, a lot of classic rock, AC/DC & Black Sabbath and the like, and a lot of country.  New and old Country.  Not sure if that would make a difference in which amp to choose.

You have been Spfinated!

1 minute ago, SPFINATOR1993 said:

I think I recall hearing about Schiit amps before on the YT channel.  Anything you'd recommend?

Schiit amps and dac are really good value and quality

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

1 minute ago, SPFINATOR1993 said:

I think I recall hearing about Schiit amps before on the YT channel.  Anything you'd recommend?

Lots of people like the Valhalla 2 with HD600/650. Lyr 2 would also be good.

2 minutes ago, SSL said:

Lots of people like the Valhalla 2 with HD600/650. Lyr 2 would also be good.

Thank you!  I'll look into them.

You have been Spfinated!