Custom Water Loop Semi-mock up (thoughts, advice?)

Last night I decided to start on my mock up, I didn't accomplish much but realized my 60mm radiator had to go in the front.  Today I figured out how to mount my reservoir to the radiator and managed to barely squeeze a 140 single radiator in the back (top thumb screw won't go in on cover).  I don't know where my arctic silver is at so I can't mount the cpu block, and my gpu is a non-reference card so I'm figuring out how to get a card that will fit. Probably just wait for the 480 to hit and get a fury X for dirt cheap.

My color scheme is black, grey and white.  Liquid will be white with clear hard tubing.  I have all of the sleeving for custom psu cabling (might rethink buying new wire to go inside because it will train better?).  And last I'm thinking of painting the radiator's grey.  Maybe paint the ram heat sinks some color too.  One last thought I have is to take the drive bay off of the right and figure out how to put a whole window in the side panel.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

edit: I might move the back radiator to the top, either way it's going to be an eye sore.

20160615_150200.jpg

20160615_150208.jpg

Open-Back - Sennheiser 6xx - Focal Elex - Phillips Fidelio X3 - Harmonicdyne Zeus -  Beyerdynamic DT1990 - *HiFi-man HE400i (2017) - *Phillips shp9500 - *SoundMAGIC HP200

Semi-Open - Beyerdynamic DT880-600 - Fostex T50RP - *AKG K240 studio

Closed-Back - Rode NTH-100 - Meze 99 Neo - AKG K361-BT - Blue Microphones Lola - *Beyerdynamic DT770-80 - *Meze 99 Noir - *Blon BL-B60 *Hifiman R7dx

On-Ear - Koss KPH30iCL Grado - Koss KPH30iCL Yaxi - Koss KPH40 Yaxi

IEM - Tin HiFi T2 - MoonDrop Quarks - Tangzu Wan'er S.G - Moondrop Chu - QKZ x HBB - 7HZ Salnotes Zero

Headset Turtle Beach Stealth 700 V2 + xbox adapter - *Sennheiser Game One - *Razer Kraken Pro V2

DAC S.M.S.L SU-9

Class-D dac/amp Topping DX7 - Schiit Fulla E - Fosi Q4 - *Sybasonic SD-DAC63116

Class-D amp Topping A70

Class-A amp Emotiva A-100 - Xduoo MT-602 (hybrid tube)

Pure Tube amp Darkvoice 336SE - Little dot MKII - Nobsound Little Bear P7

Audio Interface Rode AI-1

Portable Amp Xduoo XP2-pro - *Truthear SHIO - *Fiio BTR3K BTR3Kpro 

Mic Rode NT1 - *Antlion Mod Mic - *Neego Boom Mic - *Vmoda Boom Mic

Pads ZMF - Dekoni - Brainwavz - Shure - Yaxi - Grado - Wicked Cushions

Cables Hart Audio Cables - Periapt Audio Cables

Speakers Kef Q950 - Micca RB42 - Jamo S803 - Crown XLi1500 (power amp class A)

*given as gift or out of commission

i would have that fan push instead of pull air through the rad, unless its and input.... be careful painting the RAM and rads..... looks good so far :)

1 minute ago, ZexenPro said:

i would have that fan push instead of pull air through the rad, unless its and input.... be careful painting the RAM and rads..... looks good so far :)

thank you, the front 360 is exhaust because I don't want a ton of heat in the case.  The rear is intake because I want to attempt positive pressure.  I might switch the front to push instead of pull since I found short screws that will let me mount the rad directly to the case with fans in back of it.  I do have an airbrush setup and have watched some video's about painting the shroud (not gonna touch the fins) so I'll just need to be careful to not scratch it.

Also, any thought's on adding the EK radiator with it's brass ends? The alphacool radiator and watercool blocks are copper only.  I figured since I have the EK radiator I should put it in and find a kill coil.

Open-Back - Sennheiser 6xx - Focal Elex - Phillips Fidelio X3 - Harmonicdyne Zeus -  Beyerdynamic DT1990 - *HiFi-man HE400i (2017) - *Phillips shp9500 - *SoundMAGIC HP200

Closed-Back - Rode NTH-100 - Meze 99 Neo - AKG K361-BT - Blue Microphones Lola - *Beyerdynamic DT770-80 - *Meze 99 Noir - *Blon BL-B60 *Hifiman R7dx

IEM - Tin HiFi T2 - MoonDrop Quarks - Tangzu Wan'er S.G - Moondrop Chu - QKZ x HBB - 7HZ Salnotes Zero

Headset Turtle Beach Stealth 700 V2 + xbox adapter - *Sennheiser Game One - *Razer Kraken Pro V2

DAC S.M.S.L SU-9

Class-D amp Topping A70

1 hour ago, Psittac said:

-SNIP-

I would put that single rad up top it will clean things up a bit as for positive pressure your going to have to run that 140mm intake full bore and have the 360mm front as exhaust on idle basically to compensate for intake vs exhaust volume but personally I would just put the front as intake it warms things up but doesn't make things any worse. As for copper and brass they aren't a problem together, for the kill coil as long as your loop is 100% nickel free then you can use it without any worry. 

As for painting RAM and such if you want more info I have a guide here under RAM and Motherboard Painting.

-Moved to Liquid and Exotic Cooling- 

2 hours ago, W-L said:

I would put that single rad up top it will clean things up a bit as for positive pressure your going to have to run that 140mm intake full bore and have the 360mm front as exhaust on idle basically to compensate for intake vs exhaust volume but personally I would just put the front as intake it warms things up but doesn't make things any worse. As for copper and brass they aren't a problem together, for the kill coil as long as your loop is 100% nickel free then you can use it without any worry. 

As for painting RAM and such if you want more info I have a guide here under RAM and Motherboard Painting.

-Moved to Liquid and Exotic Cooling- 

I have been thinking about taking the 140 off as well.  I'm thinking the 60mm thick 360 should be enough. Also, the top will be intake as well but only 2x 120mm because the fittings on top of the front rad take up one fan slot. As for nickel, my gpu block does have some internal but I think my cpu is all copper internal. Also, I wasn't aware that a radiator wouldn't add much temp running as an intake.  Good to know.

Very nice link, I'll have to go through it tonight.  Thank you for the advice.

DAC S.M.S.L SU-9

Class-D amp Topping A70

6 minutes ago, Psittac said:

I have been thinking about taking the 140 off as well.  I'm thinking the 60mm thick 360 should be enough. Also, the top will be intake as well but only 2x 120mm because the fittings on top of the front rad take up one fan slot. As for nickel, my gpu block does have some internal but I think my cpu is all copper internal. Also, I wasn't aware that a radiator wouldn't add much temp running as an intake.  Good to know.

Very nice link, I'll have to go through it tonight.  Thank you for the advice.

For a single CPU and GPU you will be good with just a 360mm rad and well during load it will warm things up inside since it is still exhausting the heat into the case.

• 1 month later...

It's been a while but the machine has been up and running for a week or two.  Today I drained the RODI water, changed the input on the res and put some white pastel nano fluid in.  I ended up going back to the rad on the back of the case because it made it easier to go gpu - rad - cpu than without the radiator.  I would really like to get a custom glass side panel because during the time the panel was off it got cloudy and has a few scratches.  But anyways here is a pic of it, front and top aren't back on yet but wanted to get a picture.

20160806_181753.jpg

DAC S.M.S.L SU-9

Class-D amp Topping A70