My future Watercooled build plan

Hello random people!

I'm Marco and I'm planning to upgrade - or more like completely rebuild - my current setup. I live in Germany so the Amazon items should be on the .de site because shipping and availability and stuff. I've already thought quite some time about different components and what I could, should and can use.

First off: I am NOT a computer expert. I could explain a lot about different components and how they work, how they perform, etc. But I have absolutely NO idea about if parts will acually "fit together" or not.

Well thats why I am here. I'm just gonna throw a list of all of everything about my current and my future setup in here and you guys tell me:

-Does it even work like that?

-Does a part not work with another one?

-how well does it work?

-what would you recommend (instead)?

Also I gotta add that I mainly play Games like Fallout 4, GTA V, some F2P shooters like DirtyBomb and sometimes some good old relaxing Minecraft on my setup and, of course, watch YouTube Videos.

Ok lets begin, shall we?

First heres my current setup:

CPU: AMD Fx6300
GPU: GTX660ti
SSD: Samsung 240Gb SSD
HDD1: Seagate Barracuda 3Tb
HDD2: Some random HDD @ 280Gb
HDD3: Some random HDD 180Gb
Motherboard: Gigabyte 87LMT-USB3
PSU: Berlin 630W
Case: Zalman Z11+
CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 13
RAM: Hyper X ddr3 8Gb

(And YES I can play Fallout 4 and GTA V on mid-high settings with 50-60fps on this believe it or not)

For the new setup the big part will be that I at least plan to buy a GTX1080. There is the first problem/question I have: Will it even work with my motherboard/CPU? Is the CPU a big bottleneck? Is the motherboard one?

Could you recommend a CPU which does not cost more than a sportscar and would work "better"?

For the Monitors I want to buy 2 (later MAYBE 3) 2K 16:9 Monitors from Acer with a 4ms response rate.- Which the GTX1080 should handle with ease. (right? I mean it is "made" for 4K Gaming so...)

On this point I could also ask: How "cheap" well the GTX1080 probably be? Im in Euros € and here on Amazon they cost all around 730€-890€. From what I've heard at least they will probably be around 650€-???€.

The FX6300 will stay, just like the 8Gb DDR3 Ram which will also get another same pair of 2x4Gb sticks in order for my system to have 16 (Which is nessesary for GTA V and Fallout 4 at least)

Maybe I will overclock it too.

Now for the new home of all of this hardware.

It will move into the Thermaltake Core P5 which is a completely 4 5-way open case (bottom, top, left, right and front) Which has a Plexiglas Window on the front. (Link right here)

For the Watercooling theres an Amazon list with all the Parts right  ----> here <----. 

I will watercool it using soft tubing. This will also be my very first custom loop ever so this is quite exciting for me right here.

For the Radiator I will use a 480mm 45mm thick rad, just because it fits absolutely fine in there (I'm sure I could even screw 1 or 2 more of the same ontop of the first one to make it insanely thick)

For the Fans I will use 4 Blue Riing Fans from Thermaltake which I do already have in my Case right now.

For the Pump I'm gonna use a Pump/Reservoir Combo.

The CPU Waterblock and the GPU Waterblock are just simple Waterblocks and I may buy a backplate for the gTX1080 too if I have some money left over.

I checked on the connections, the fittings, the rad and pump, waterblocks and tubing itself and it SHOULD all fit together just fine. Maybe. Technically. In Theory.

Well that is *already* pretty much it.

If you managed to get down here - Thank you very much for taking your time to read this.

I'm looking forward for some opinions from you guys and thanks for your help!

Greetings from Germany,

Marco

9 minutes ago, TheBluePotato said:

Hello random people!

I'm Marco and I'm planning to upgrade - or more like completely rebuild - my current setup. I live in Germany so the Amazon items should be on the .de site because shipping and availability and stuff. I've already thought quite some time about different components and what I could, should and can use.

First off: I am NOT a computer expert. I could explain a lot about different components and how they work, how they perform, etc. But I have absolutely NO idea about if parts will acually "fit together" or not.

Well thats why I am here. I'm just gonna throw a list of all of everything about my current and my future setup in here and you guys tell me:

-Does it even work like that?

-Does a part not work with another one?

-how well does it work?

-what would you recommend (instead)?

Also I gotta add that I mainly play Games like Fallout 4, GTA V, some F2P shooters like DirtyBomb and sometimes some good old relaxing Minecraft on my setup and, of course, watch YouTube Videos.

Ok lets begin, shall we?

First heres my current setup:

CPU: AMD Fx6300
GPU: GTX660ti
SSD: Samsung 240Gb SSD
HDD1: Seagate Barracuda 3Tb
HDD2: Some random HDD @ 280Gb
HDD3: Some random HDD 180Gb
Motherboard: Gigabyte 87LMT-USB3
PSU: Berlin 630W
Case: Zalman Z11+
CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 13
RAM: Hyper X ddr3 8Gb

(And YES I can play Fallout 4 and GTA V on mid-high settings with 50-60fps on this believe it or not)

For the new setup the big part will be that I at least plan to buy a GTX1080. There is the first problem/question I have: Will it even work with my motherboard/CPU? Is the CPU a big bottleneck? Is the motherboard one?

Could you recommend a CPU which does not cost more than a sportscar and would work "better"?

For the Monitors I want to buy 2 (later MAYBE 3) 2K 16:9 Monitors from Acer with a 4ms response rate.- Which the GTX1080 should handle with ease. (right? I mean it is "made" for 4K Gaming so...)

On this point I could also ask: How "cheap" well the GTX1080 probably be? Im in Euros € and here on Amazon they cost all around 730€-890€. From what I've heard at least they will probably be around 650€-???€.

The FX6300 will stay, just like the 8Gb DDR3 Ram which will also get another same pair of 2x4Gb sticks in order for my system to have 16 (Which is nessesary for GTA V and Fallout 4 at least)

Maybe I will overclock it too.

Now for the new home of all of this hardware.

It will move into the Thermaltake Core P5 which is a completely 4 5-way open case (bottom, top, left, right and front) Which has a Plexiglas Window on the front. (Link right here)

For the Watercooling theres an Amazon list with all the Parts right  ----> here <----. 

I will watercool it using soft tubing. This will also be my very first custom loop ever so this is quite exciting for me right here.

For the Radiator I will use a 480mm 45mm thick rad, just because it fits absolutely fine in there (I'm sure I could even screw 1 or 2 more of the same ontop of the first one to make it insanely thick)

For the Fans I will use 4 Blue Riing Fans from Thermaltake which I do already have in my Case right now.

For the Pump I'm gonna use a Pump/Reservoir Combo.

The CPU Waterblock and the GPU Waterblock are just simple Waterblocks and I may buy a backplate for the gTX1080 too if I have some money left over.

I checked on the connections, the fittings, the rad and pump, waterblocks and tubing itself and it SHOULD all fit together just fine. Maybe. Technically. In Theory.

Well that is *already* pretty much it.

If you managed to get down here - Thank you very much for taking your time to read this.

I'm looking forward for some opinions from you guys and thanks for your help!

Greetings from Germany,

Marco

1. You might get a bottleneck with the cpu and motherboard, but I don't know for sure.

2. The gTX1080 cost about 700 dollars in the US so I imagine it would cost at least 650 euros. 

3. Maybe instead of the amd cpu you could get the cheapest intel core i5 you can find.

Hold on I will be right back with more research.

ATM you will not get a 1080 below 700€. Maybe in the future prices will drop, but now you have no chance. I'd personally switch the cpu too but I'd take a look at some benchmarks. The reason why I'm saying this, is that the fx8xxx (which is basically the bigger brother of your chip) already has an performance impact in games on the titan x. As the 1080 is quite a bit faster than the titan x, the cpu might bottleneck your 1080 quite a bit. So it would be worth upgrading to z170, 6600k/6700k and then watercooling would be useful, not only a waste of money.

GUITAR BUILD LOG FROM SCRATCH OUT OF APPLEWOOD

- Ryzen Build -

R5 3600 | MSI X470 Gaming Plus MAX | 16GB CL16 3200MHz Corsair LPX | Dark Rock 4

MSI 2060 Super Gaming X

1TB Intel 660p | 250GB Kingston A2000 | 1TB Seagate Barracuda | 2TB WD Blue

be quiet! Silent Base 601 | be quiet! Straight Power 550W CM

2x Dell UP2516D

- First System (Retired) -

Intel Xeon 1231v3 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Dual Channel | Gigabyte H97 D3H | Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1 | 525 GB Crucial MX 300 | 1 TB + 2 TB Seagate HDD
be quiet! 500W Straight Power E10 CM | be quiet! Silent Base 800 with stock fans | be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 | 2x Dell UP2516D

Reviews: be quiet! Silent Base 800 | MSI GTX 950 OC

Thank you very much! Since money is (not really) that much of a problem as long as nothing get on more than quite alot I might also buy an I7 after I installed and checked everything. I don't really want to spend an extra 500€+ on a new motherboard and cpu but if it really is that big of a bottleneck (well knoone knows yet how much, Im gonna do further research then) but I might buy an I7 after a couple weeks of testing with the new System.

15 hours ago, TheBluePotato said:

Thank you very much! Since money is (not really) that much of a problem as long as nothing get on more than quite alot I might also buy an I7 after I installed and checked everything. I don't really want to spend an extra 500€+ on a new motherboard and cpu but if it really is that big of a bottleneck (well knoone knows yet how much, Im gonna do further research then) but I might buy an I7 after a couple weeks of testing with the new System.

just make sure not to buy the watercooling parts before the final decision for the cpu :D

GUITAR BUILD LOG FROM SCRATCH OUT OF APPLEWOOD

- Ryzen Build -

R5 3600 | MSI X470 Gaming Plus MAX | 16GB CL16 3200MHz Corsair LPX | Dark Rock 4

MSI 2060 Super Gaming X

1TB Intel 660p | 250GB Kingston A2000 | 1TB Seagate Barracuda | 2TB WD Blue

be quiet! Silent Base 601 | be quiet! Straight Power 550W CM

2x Dell UP2516D

- First System (Retired) -

Intel Xeon 1231v3 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Dual Channel | Gigabyte H97 D3H | Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1 | 525 GB Crucial MX 300 | 1 TB + 2 TB Seagate HDD
be quiet! 500W Straight Power E10 CM | be quiet! Silent Base 800 with stock fans | be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 | 2x Dell UP2516D

Reviews: be quiet! Silent Base 800 | MSI GTX 950 OC