How To Get Around NETGEAR Nighthawk X6 AC3200 PLEASE HELP

DisconnectedYT

So my dad jsut got this stupid modem mentioned in the title and along with faster speeds he also unfortunently can block and device on my home network now. So i just wanted to know if there is a way to get around the software that he uses to block my laptop. I need to do schoolwork and also upload to my YouTube channel(s) and also deal with shit on my YT Network. If anyone can please tell me how to get around this then it would be greatly appreciated. i know its not the resopnsible thing for you to do so if you dont agree with that im trying to do then please leave this thread and dont comment about why i should not do this, thank you. Also i have tried proxy's and VPN's but nothing works. It looks like the image below except it says device blocked from network.

website-blocked.png

just a question. Why did he block them?

CPU: A8-5600K GPU: MSI RX 480 GAMING X 4GB MOBO: ASUS A55BM-PLUS 

RAM: 2x 4GB Samsung DDR3-1600 1.25V PSU: Corsair CX430 CASE: Enermax Ostrog Windowed STORAGE: PNY CS1111 120GB / Hitachi 1TB 7200RPM OS: Windows 10 Pro & macOS Sierra 10.12.3

Just now, Goodman2265 said:

just a question. Why did he block them?

Because i was rude? but that dosent mean they should not allow me to do my schoolwork xD

If you can access the modem settings then do that. Try using Tor, I don't know if that would work but it's worth trying.

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

You need to login to the router. If your dad used a decent password, it could be mildly difficult. I'd try the default admin/password first though. You could try to do a hard reset to factory settings using the reset button on the router; or even flashing a different firmware. However, as soon as you do that, and your dad tries to go into the router, he'll know you messed around with it. You could change the router login/password so only you can tweak settings, but aside from connecting to a neighbor's open wifi network, there's not much you can do. You could maybe try to manually change your MAC address, if that's how the blocker is configured. But he could have it that certain sites are blocked for everything except for certain MAC addresses.

If only blocked your ip do this

Open CMD

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /renew

RAM: 2x 4GB Samsung DDR3-1600 1.25V PSU: Corsair CX430 CASE: Enermax Ostrog Windowed STORAGE: PNY CS1111 120GB / Hitachi 1TB 7200RPM OS: Windows 10 Pro & macOS Sierra 10.12.3

1 minute ago, Omon_Ra said:

You need to login to the router. If your dad used a decent password, it could be mildly difficult. I'd try the default admin/password first though. You could try to do a hard reset to factory settings using the reset button on the router; or even flashing a different firmware. However, as soon as you do that, and your dad tries to go into the router, he'll know you messed around with it. You could change the router login/password so only you can tweak settings, but aside from connecting to a neighbor's open wifi network, there's not much you can do. You could maybe try to manually change your MAC address, if that's how the blocker is configured. But he could have it that certain sites are blocked for everything except for certain MAC addresses.

So everything is blocked and he has blocked the device from the network and on the wired icon on windows it has a Yellow ! mark on the Lan sighn thing. Also what would the default password be?

1 minute ago, DisconnectedYT said:

So everything is blocked and he has blocked the device from the network and on the wired icon on windows it has a Yellow ! mark on the Lan sighn thing. Also what would the default password be?

Check the router itself, it usually has it on there. Or you can something search the make/model of the router with 'default login' and find it. Netgear usually defaults to 'admin' and 'password' for the login credentials. However, if your device is blocked on the router, you may not be able to access it. You may need to use his computer or another device that isn't blocked.

Check the router itself, it usually has it on there. Or you can something search the make/model of the router with 'default login' and find it. Netgear usually defaults to 'admin' and 'password' for the login credentials. However, if your device is blocked on the router, you may not be able to access it. You may need to use his computer or another device that isn't blocked.

He uses his phone

2 minutes ago, DisconnectedYT said:

He uses his phone

read my post m8!

My dad works for a cable company, I can help with this shit

1 minute ago, DisconnectedYT said:

He uses his phone

Lame. See if you can get  to the router login even from your computer; Netgear is usually 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1. Type that into your browser and if a dialog comes up prompting for a username/password, then you could still maybe get in.

Lame. See if you can get  to the router login even from your computer; Netgear is usually 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1. Type that into your browser and if a dialog comes up prompting for a username/password, then you could still maybe get in.

3 minutes ago, Goodman2265 said:

read my post m8!

I will try all of this when i get home and report back to u :3

2 minutes ago, Omon_Ra said:

Its going to be 1.1 because its a router not a modem. So its gonna be linked to modem

2 minutes ago, DisconnectedYT said:

I will try all of this when i get home and report back to u :3

where are u?

3 minutes ago, DisconnectedYT said:

Australia? and at school.

Oh yea forgot its winter down there

You can use any free vpn, but it will be slower

CPU: Intel i5 4690k @4.3GHZ COOLER: Arctic Freezer Pro 7 Rev 2  MOBO: Asus Z97-E RAM: Kingston Hyper X Black 2x4GB GPU: Soon to be EVGA 1070! Case: Fractal Define S Storage:PNY 240GB SSD, 500GB Seagate Barracuda PSU: Corsair RM650x

6 minutes ago, techarmyhd said:

You can use any free vpn, but it will be slower

But wont PC ----> Router ------> VPN ------> Internet? that wont stop it from being blocked.

1 hour ago, DisconnectedYT said:

But wont PC ----> Router ------> VPN ------> Internet? that wont stop it from being blocked.

I use a VPN at school to bypass all of the blocks on Youtube and stuff. Not sure exactly how it works, but it always works for me. Worth a try, right? I use VPN Book

CPU: Intel i5 4690k @4.3GHZ COOLER: Arctic Freezer Pro 7 Rev 2  MOBO: Asus Z97-E RAM: Kingston Hyper X Black 2x4GB GPU: Soon to be EVGA 1070! Case: Fractal Define S Storage:PNY 240GB SSD, 500GB Seagate Barracuda PSU: Corsair RM650x