THE BEST PERFORMANCE "GTX 1080 GRAPHICS CARD"

Hello Linustechtips community!

I know that it is not the right time for this topic, as not so many after-market gtx 1080s are released, but nevertheless i would like to know which one will give the best performance in video games and will stay as cool as possible. Statistics are very much appreciated, but personal opinions are also very welcome. 

I have made a small research online from websites like OC3D, Guru3D, overclockers.com, anandtech and some youtube channels like jayztwocents, linustechtips, paulshardware and a couple of german youtube channels and as for now i see that ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 OC is a potential winner in comparison with MSI GTX 1080 GAMING X and EVGA GTX 1080 FTW, i would like to compare only air-cooled cards. I know that hybrid cards give more performance, but i want to see which after-market cooler is the best. I am not a fan boy and i don't have much feelings to any brand i just want to know which is the coolest GPU for the performance it will give me for gaming.

Choose the one you like the design of. At the moment all the 1080s are reaching an average maximum of 2.0-2.1 Ghz and any after market cooler will keep them below 82c (apart from the crappy reference blowers of course). Extra power / custom pcbs does not appear to be helping with overclocks.