Help A First Time Builder

cantalOPe

Thanks to everyone who gave me advice on my previous iteration, it was very helpful and I have made my build much better now, any suggestions will be appreciated

NOTE: R9 390 will be replaced with RX 480
Here is the new build: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/d7pNGf

10 minutes ago, cantalOPe said:

Thanks to everyone who gave me advice on my previous iteration, it was very helpful and I have made my build much better now, any suggestions will be appreciated

NOTE: R9 390 will be replaced with RX 480
Here is the new build: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/d7pNGf

What is your budget

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

1 minute ago, legacy99 said:

What is your budget

Budget is 800-900ish

Honestly I'd drop the 6600K + 212EVO and just get an AMD 8350 with the new stock wraith cooler, and drop to a 380X for your GPU. That's save quite a bit.

Also, try a 24inch monitor, that's kind of the sweet spot for 1080p in general,

Spoiler

1 minute ago, MilkJugg24 said:

Honestly I'd drop the 6600K and just get an AMD 8350 with the new stock wraith cooler, and drop to a 380X for your GPU. That's save quite a bit.

I did post this before, and everyone was saying FM3+ isn't the way to go, and that it's an old and dead socket, that doesn't perform well. Did I just get trolled?

8 minutes ago, MilkJugg24 said:

Honestly I'd drop the 6600K + 212EVO and just get an AMD 8350 with the new stock wraith cooler, and drop to a 380X for your GPU. That's save quite a bit.

Why are you recommending such old hardware? If OP has the money he can get a MUCH better system. 

6 minutes ago, cantalOPe said:

I did post this before, and everyone was saying FM3+ isn't the way to go, and that it's an old and dead socket, that doesn't perform well. Did I just get trolled?

Yes, you got trolled. FX series CPUs are just old and I don't see the benefit in build one, Unless you have a strict budget. Which in your case, you dont. One thing that'll change is the PSU. I would recommend anything from EVGA/Seasonic/XFX. Also you don't need to get seperate themmal paste. Some of it comes with the CPU coo

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

1 minute ago, cantalOPe said:

People are just waiting for AMD to release their new line of CPUs out in Q1 2017.

The FX series chips are actually amazing for budget systems. People are just salty I guess.

I know people that are using Phenom II's and they're just fine gaming.

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Abdul201588 said:

Why are you recommending such old hardware? If OP has the money he can get a MUCH better system. 

Yes, you got trolled. FX series CPUs are just old and I don't see the benefit in build one, Unless you have a strict budget. Which in your case, you dont. One thing that'll I change is the PSU. I would recommend anything from EVGA/Seasonic/XFX

Intel stock cooler is garbage. OP Saves about $90-100 bucks on just using the stock cooler with a slightly older CPU w/ a great stock cooler.

I'm just trying to lower the total price from his PCpartpicker link from 1K to his 800-900 budget...

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, MilkJugg24 said:

Intel stock cooler is garbage. OP Saves about $90-100 bucks on just using the stock cooler with a slightly older CPU w/ a great stock cooler.

I'm just trying to lower the total price from his PCpartpicker link from 1K to his 800-900 budget...

I'm planning on getting the RX480, which should lower it to 900, I can go a little over budget if there is an advantage though 

¯\_ᵔ ͜ʖᵔ_/¯

2 minutes ago, MilkJugg24 said:

Did you even see what CPU he is getting? No you didn't. The new Skylake K processors do not come with a cooler. OP has chosen the Hyper 212 from Coolermaster which is a good CPU cooler.  We are not salty. OP has a budget of $800-$900, which means that he can afford a better system.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

7 minutes ago, Abdul201588 said:

Did you even see what CPU he is getting? No you didn't. The new Skylake K processors do not come with a cooler. OP has chosen the Hyper 212 from Coolermaster which is a good CPU cooler.  We are not salty. OP has a budget of $800-$900, which means that he can afford a better system.

Overlooked the not having a stock fan part.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's like 6am here lol.

212 is a fantastic cooler yes. 

7 minutes ago, cantalOPe said:

I'm planning on getting the RX480, which should lower it to 900, I can go a little over budget if there is an advantage though 

¯\_ᵔ ͜ʖᵔ_/¯

Then I'd just stick with what you got with a slightly better power supply as mentioned previously. That would be your only downfall honestly.

But I guess that just leaves my only suggestion being the 24inch over the 21.5 inch monitor. 

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, MilkJugg24 said:

Overlooked the not having a stock fan part.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's like 6am here lol.

212 is a fantastic cooler yes. 

Then I'd just stick with what you got with a slightly better power supply as mentioned previously. That would be your only downfall honestly.

But I guess that just leaves my only suggestion being the 24inch over the 21.5 inch monitor. 

Ok, thanks for the suggestion! Now go get some sleep you nocturnal animal :-)