Need help diagnosing a WiFi problem...

Okay, so my girlfriend called me up a few minutes ago to ask me about her WiFi connection., She told me that for the past month r so, her connection has been janky. Apparently, she will reset the router and everything will work fine, then 8-24 hours later, it will slow down again and she has to reset the router yet again.

I doubt this is DDoS and she lives too far away for me to personally go check things out. her question was, is it her ISP that's the problem, or the router, and if its the router, whats a good one she can upgrade to under $100 (anything would be an upgrade, shes using the ISP provided one).

I have very little experience with networking equipment and would really appreciate any input you guys have. Thank you!

if you can go on site check first of all channel radio, and choose the least crowded one. After that check the firmware on the router setting and upload to the least version. If not go to dhcp settings and turn the lease time to 3600. If not call your ISP :)

bye 

3 hours ago, Mountine said:

if you can go on site check first of all channel radio, and choose the least crowded one. After that check the firmware on the router setting and upload to the least version. If not go to dhcp settings and turn the lease time to 3600. If not call your ISP :)

bye 

Thank you

3 hours ago, Mountine said:

bye 

Thank you