Which Disk Imaging software to use? (HDD/SSD)

Hey guys,

My SSD is acting up and I think it's going to die, so time to make a full image to be prepared when the time comes. Could you guys suggest me some good programs to create a full disk image of my SSD? (Either free or paid)

Would like it to have support for incremental backups to save some space, as I plan to keep using it for up-to-date backups. Automatic backup jobs would be nice too.

So, any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

// TODO: Update signature to include PC buid.

2 hours ago, TheGuyNL said:

Hey guys,

My SSD is acting up and I think it's going to die, so time to make a full image to be prepared when the time comes. Could you guys suggest me some good programs to create a full disk image of my SSD? (Either free or paid)

Would like it to have support for incremental backups to save some space, as I plan to keep using it for up-to-date backups. Automatic backup jobs would be nice too.

So, any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

There are automatic backups in Windows that you can enable. You can also create system images which can be helpful. What I usually do is just copy and paste the files to the new drive. (I should look into better ways than that though)

Use Acronis. You can make a bootable usb drive with it and save\restore images with it, without having a real working os.

I usually just copy files over to a new drive. Cloning an almost dead drive doesn't sound safe to me but could be wrong.

38 minutes ago, IAmLamp said:

There are automatic backups in Windows that you can enable. You can also create system images which can be helpful. What I usually do is just copy and paste the files to the new drive. (I should look into better ways than that though)

Automatic backups is something that has failed for me on some occasions, so I would like to prevent that.

6 minutes ago, ModuleLFS said:

I usually just copy files over to a new drive. Cloning an almost dead drive doesn't sound safe to me but could be wrong.

Copy/pasting files isn't really useful when talking about programs. I've got a backup of all my documents, but just want an image of my disk just to be sure. An image would be easier to setup when the drive would fail, and reinstalling is always an option when the image doesn't work.

So as said in my initial post, I am looking for imaging software not for suggestions on copy pasting.

2 hours ago, TheGuyNL said:

-snip

Anything in particular you want to mention about Windows backup? We might be able to help

1 minute ago, IAmLamp said:

Anything in particular you want to mention about Windows backup? We might be able to help

Not much, it's just not what I am looking for. I need something which I can recover from a simple live-usb. Looks like Acronis does this.