ASUS PG279Q QA issues - how to avoid?

BigFix

Hi everyone!

I'm in the proccess of building a new rig and I need to upgrade my monitor (a shitty 2008 samsung TN panel) to something more modern,

and because I tend to use my monitor for a long,long time I decided to go for the ASUS one..

Only problem is,I heard abot those backlight bleed/IPS glow issues that seems to be pretty common on this monitor,but I thought maybe there was a revision/recent monitors that have less chance to suffer from these issues? It's an extremely expensive monitor and I just want to know if there is any specific model I should be looking for to avoid these issues?

Thank you very much.

Intel Core i7 6700K || Coolermaster Hyper 212X || Asus Z170 ROG Maximus Hero Alpha ||  32GB (16x2) RAM G.Skill Trident Z 3200Mhz CL14

MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X || Samsung 950 Pro 512GB || Western Digital Black 2TB || Evga Supernova 650w P2

Fractal Design Define R5 Blackout || Dell U2715H || Logitech G502 Proteus Core Spectrum || Steelseries qck mass || Corsair K70 RGB Brown

Sennheiser HD598 SE || Windows 10 Home 64-bit

I purchased this monitor about three weeks ago. When I have no input going into this monitor, it indeed shows a lot of backlight bleeding through. However, it turns off automatically after about 4 seconds without an input. Other than that, I may have been lucky, but going from my medion 1080p display (which came with a prebuilt desktop) I have not noticed any weird issues with it, like the backlight bleed that a lot of people seem to have complained about. It does tend to get hot on the underside of the screen, namely underneath the ASUS logo. 

3 hours ago, y_unit265 said:

I purchased this monitor about three weeks ago. When I have no input going into this monitor, it indeed shows a lot of backlight bleeding through. However, it turns off automatically after about 4 seconds without an input. Other than that, I may have been lucky, but going from my medion 1080p display (which came with a prebuilt desktop) I have not noticed any weird issues with it, like the backlight bleed that a lot of people seem to have complained about. It does tend to get hot on the underside of the screen, namely underneath the ASUS logo. 

They still have backlight bleed issues?!?!?! FMLLLLLLLLLLLL

How to avoid quality issues while buying tech? Don't buy garbage from joke manufacturers.

Spoiler

CPU: i7-6900K 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: X99 Sabertooth | GPU: RTX 2080 Ti SLi | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3400 CL13 | SSD: SX8200 PRO 512GB | PSU: Corsair AX1600i | Case: InWin 805C | Monitor: LG 38UC99-W 85Hz | Keyboard: Wooting One Analog | Keypad: Azeron Compact Analog | Mouse: Swiftpoint Z | Audio: Klipsch Reference 5.1

I have the PG27AQ and was skeptical about the backlight bleed aswell. My panel is sweet and I cant notice anything. Asus is pretty good with their warranty so if you get a shit panel just return it and hope u get a new one.

[Case Mod] Operation: The Division --- > Here

[CUSTOM WATER COOLED TABLE] Project: Ravage ---> Here

-== QUOTE ME IN YOUR REPLY IF YOU WANT ME TO RESPOND ==-

15 minutes ago, IAmLamp said:

They still have backlight bleed issues?!?!?! FMLLLLLLLLLLLL

I'd consider it to be a non issue. Either don't leave on your monitor without having something displaying on it or live with 4 seconds of slightly lit screen. (Which I think you can change the timing of.) Just using the screen, you won't notice anything, even on a fully black/white image. (for me at least)

11 minutes ago, Krzych said:

How to avoid quality issues while buying tech? Don't buy garbage from joke manufacturers.

I did not knew Asus is a garbage manufacture... 

Should I just go with something like the Dell u2715h?

Intel Core i7 6700K || Coolermaster Hyper 212X || Asus Z170 ROG Maximus Hero Alpha ||  32GB (16x2) RAM G.Skill Trident Z 3200Mhz CL14

MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X || Samsung 950 Pro 512GB || Western Digital Black 2TB || Evga Supernova 650w P2

Fractal Design Define R5 Blackout || Dell U2715H || Logitech G502 Proteus Core Spectrum || Steelseries qck mass || Corsair K70 RGB Brown

Sennheiser HD598 SE || Windows 10 Home 64-bit

17 minutes ago, BigFix said:

I did not knew Asus is a garbage manufacture... 

Should I just go with something like the Dell u2715h?

Surely much better than Asus and much cheaper. And you get great customer support with Dell while Asus' customer support is pathetic. If you want G-sync and 144Hz you may wanna try Dell dell s2716dg. It is TN but you are already using very old TN panel so you will see big image quality jump anyway, and this is much much more likely to get good unit than with Asus. Price of U2715H and S2716DG is very similar from what I see on Amazon, $10 difference, so you have choice like this - IPS, better quality image on U2715H vs TN, not that great image quality but 144Hz and G-sync. Surely better option that Asus garbage gaming monitors, this gaming Dell seem to have only one serious issue consistent for all units, some small blue bleed alike thing appearing near bottom panel:

900x900px-LL-66da1a20_ravn_black.jpeg

But aside from that it is quite good for a gaming monitor, you get proper customer support, this monitor is also reviewed on TFT Central so you can get ICC profile for it. If I ever decide to get gaming monitor for some unknown and unimaginable reason, I would choose this one probably. Some useful links to check out:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1577511/anyone-else-excited-for-the-dell-s2716dg-monitor

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/dell_s2716dg.htm

Spoiler

CPU: i7-6900K 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: X99 Sabertooth | GPU: RTX 2080 Ti SLi | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3400 CL13 | SSD: SX8200 PRO 512GB | PSU: Corsair AX1600i | Case: InWin 805C | Monitor: LG 38UC99-W 85Hz | Keyboard: Wooting One Analog | Keypad: Azeron Compact Analog | Mouse: Swiftpoint Z | Audio: Klipsch Reference 5.1