Problem with my Intel Core i5 3570k?

Hey guys,

I wonder if I have an issue with my Processor. The Problem is, that I always have a high load on it. I'd say 30% when ideling, but when I open Chrome it goes too 60% in no time. Sure I watch a lot of streams but after 2 - 3 Streams simultaneously it sits at 100%. I didn't had the problem in the beginning but now it is getting pretty annoying. Fresh Win 10 Pro install, still the same problem. My notebook handles it better even :D. It's clocked a 4 GHz.

Do some of you have the same problems? Or sit it just me. 

Greetings

Does it clock down when idle? Or is it at a constant 4 GHz?

It could be thermal throttling -> what kind of cooler do you have? When was the last time you cleaned the inside of your PC?

I had the same problem on my first PC because the heatsink/fan of the CPU cooler was comepletely filled with dust.

Temps are ok. Never over 50 degrees celsius. So I don't think it is that.

Naijin: constant 4 Ghz.

My cooler is a Dark Rock II from beQuiet!.

radical guild: I don't think that 4 years is old for browsing the internet :D and I have the problems maybe for a couple of months (not in 2015).

My first guess was the RAM (8GB dual channel) but it never touches 100% - planning on upgrading it... so yeah. Nothing I can do about that for a while. 

Then try a fresh Windows install. What does your task manager look like? (What actually uses the CPU?)

Windows is fresh installed. Maybe 2 weeks old and it happends right after installing. I use chrome and i have like 10 or more chrome tasks. This readout is 3 tabs of chrome. One twitch stream, one e3 youtube video and linustechtips open.

Taskmanager reading.png

On 17.6.2016 at 11:25 AM, DaMainMan said:

Have you tried doing the same with another browser?

Yes. After I started the thread, I switched between chrome and firefox. And I have to say, that firefox seems fine. It sits 25% with the same tabs as I mentioned above (Firefox and Flash combined). So I will continue to use Firefox. I am pretty sad and annoyed with Chrome. Never thought that my browser will be the biggest problem for my setup. And I know that chrome is huge, but could never imagined this.

But nevertheless I am curios about people using the same setup: 3570K and chrome.