Fan speed

_Banas_
Go to solution Solved by AresKrieger,

No the lower rpm fan might just not be contributing as much to the airflow as they could on their own, but it should not cause damage in any way.

I have a couple (4) NF A14 FLX cooling my H110i GTX radiator and I like tinkering with my setup. 

I wanted to try something new so I put low noise adapters for the fans that is pulling air and pushing it through the radiator because I assumed that they are doing slightly more work then the other fans. 

Doing this would technically give the fans on lower RPM slightly more work then they can handle considering that they are on lower RPM.

My question is: Will the fans with more RPM in any way damage the two fans running on lower RPM?

(Namnlös.png

No the lower rpm fan might just not be contributing as much to the airflow as they could on their own, but it should not cause damage in any way.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

7 hours ago, AresKrieger said:

Agreed! To get an effect the fans should run at the same speed. Slower fans on the "pull"-side will just help guiding the air a bit.

On 6/12/2016 at 1:36 PM, _Banas_ said:

My question is: Will the fans with more RPM in any way damage the two fans running on lower RPM?

(Namnlös.png

This won't cause damage to your fans. However cooling capacity may be reduced to the level of just having two fans on one side.

For optimal results, have all fans running at full speed or use a LNA on all four fans.