Is that a good build ? Would you change anything in it ?

aDham_zO

Hey ,

i just did a pc part picker for my friend and he want's a 600-650$ pc 

that is the link http://pcpartpicker.com/list/XsW99W

it's now 620$ but without the cooler.

with the cooler it's 650$ ish.

sooooo ? is that a good build would you change anything in it ?

PS: he really wants nvidia. no amd.

not fanboying but he had pretty bad experince with amd.

thanks..

Argh, I already don't like your friend's attitude already... Especially when he could get a much better performing RX 480 for about the same price if he put aside his 'grudge'.

Otherwise, only thing I'd change is the PSU. You could grab a CX450M or any Seasonic PSU for a bit more. Even if it means to sacrifice the CPU cooler and to just use the stock cooler.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

Just now, HKZeroFive said:

Argh, I already don't like your friend's attitude already... Especially when he could get a much better performing RX 480 for about the same price if he put aside his 'grudge'.

Otherwise, only thing I'd change is the PSU. You could grab a CX450M or any Seasonic PSU for a bit more. Even if it means to sacrifice the CPU cooler and to just use the stock cooler.

will he know about the rx 480 and said no because 1. it's amd. 2. it's coming june 29 and he is getting his pc this week.

4 minutes ago, aDham_zO said:

will he know about the rx 480 and said no because 1. it's amd. 2. it's coming june 29 and he is getting his pc this week.

Yeah, in case you haven't noticed, I REALLY don't like people like him. Going on an 'anti-AMD' policy because of a bad experience doesn't dictate the whole company. As for date, well, I'd ask you to wait but he seems adamant.

So I can't help you there unfortunately but just heed my advice of a better PSU and his build should be fine.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

19 minutes ago, aDham_zO said:

There is no evidence AT ALL that points to the fact that nvidia is an overall more premium product. By the time he's done getting the parts and building it, it will be late June so he can rush and get the 960 or 380, or he can wait for the RX 480 which will give loads better performance for the same price range. 

19 minutes ago, mathmeister said:

There is no evidence AT ALL that points to the fact that nvidia is an overall more premium product. By the time he's done getting the parts and building it, it will be late June so he can rush and get the 960 or 380, or he can wait for the RX 480 which will give loads better performance for the same price range. 

oh your signature preferences! hahaha!

Tell him to wait for the rx480 please! It is the same price as a 960 but has performance on par or even better than the 970