Background Sound In Headset

Hi,

I recently got a HyperX Cloud headset. The mic works fine. However, there is a quiet background sound that I hear at all times while the headset is active.

Its a hard sound to describe. It kind of sounds like static, but not exactly. I hear it at all times when I am doing anything on my computer. Whenever I unplug the green headset line, the sound stops (as does all audio coming into the headset)

Its not important to the actual working of the headset, as everything else works fine with it. But the quiet, annoying sound is driving me crazy.

If you have any ideas or need more information, please tell me.

Thanks for any help,

Matt.

Is it a constant noise, or does it come and go?

If it is a crackly/popping/static sound that is intermittent, the next time you hear it look to see where your phone and any other wireless devices are in relation to the headphone cable. I have experienced what I believe to be the noise you are describing with both my old, wireless TurtleBeach headset for my xBox 360 and with my current low-end Sennheiser wired headphones that I use on my PC. In both cases the noise I was/am hearing is the result of interference from wireless devices. With my TurtleBeach's it was because the headset base was too close to mu wireless router, and with my Sennheiser's it is because I put my cell phone within a certain proximity to my headphone cord.

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

Its constant. Its always happening until I unplug it. I have a surge protector right next to the plug in cord, would that make a difference?

Well, I just did a test. I think it may be my computer or interference now. I unplugged my HyperXs and used them in a different device, and no background sound. I then tested another pair of headphones in my computer, and the exact same sound was there. If it is interference, I dont know what I can do about it, because my headset is plugged into the back of my computer where a bunch of other technology is. My front headset plugs are broken, so I am forced to use the back.