Adobe On USB

Go to solution Solved by vanished,

You can pick the installation location during the install process, but I wouldn't recommend putting it on a USB stick; Creative Suite spreads stuff into every nook and cranny on your machine, making it about as portable as a 300 ton boulder.  It will not work to just launch the executable on another computer on which it has not been installed.

Still having difficulty trying to get Adobe Bridge onto a USB, Creative Cloud seem to automatically install itself onto the desktop. Any way to bypass this?

You can pick the installation location during the install process, but I wouldn't recommend putting it on a USB stick; Creative Suite spreads stuff into every nook and cranny on your machine, making it about as portable as a 300 ton boulder.  It will not work to just launch the executable on another computer on which it has not been installed.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

1 minute ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Installation takes me straight to desktop, it hasnt really given me much options... I really only want Bridge because some of the school computers dont have it and I cannot install through those computers.

1 minute ago, NoLoMo said:

Installation takes me straight to desktop, it hasnt really given me much options... I really only want Bridge because some of the school computers dont have it and I cannot install through those computers.

Why do you need Bridge?  My understanding is that the old Bridge + Camera Raw combo is considered archaic in favour of Lightroom.

Regardless, I don't think it is possible to accomplish what you want for the reasons I stated.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

4 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Mm ok, i need only the metadata on from the photos, any other software you recommend?

2 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Why do you need Bridge?  My understanding is that the old Bridge + Camera Raw combo is considered archaic in favour of Lightroom.

Regardless, I don't think it is possible to accomplish what you want for the reasons I stated.

I just need it for a presentation, and i dont want to be hauling my laptop to work everyday on top of my camera gear

2 minutes ago, NoLoMo said:

Mm ok, i need only the metadata on from the photos, any other software you recommend?

I don't know anything else actually, sorry :(

I just need it for a presentation, and i dont want to be hauling my laptop to work everyday on top of my camera gear

Does the school not have Lightroom?  Would this not be sufficient?

1 minute ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I don't know anything else actually, sorry :(

Does the school not have Lightroom?  Would this not be sufficient?

Some computers do, but the room I'm at is an engineering department so i don't have access to it

Some computers do, but the room I'm at is an engineering department so i don't have access to it

I have to say I think just bringing a laptop with the right software will be easier than trying to make some program that isn't actually installed work at your destination.

If all you need is the meta data, maybe you could export it to text files before hand?

2 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I have to say I think just bringing a laptop with the right software will be easier than trying to make some program that isn't actually installed work at your destination.

If all you need is the meta data, maybe you could export it to text files before hand?

It seems like that would be the best way to go, thank you very much for the help