GTX 1080

razor007
Go to solution Solved by Simon771,
9 minutes ago, razor007 said:

hello brother...hows u??

what do u say about NZXT KRAKEN G10 WITH CM SEIDON 120V PLUS..I HV SEIDON.!!

AND COULD THIS HELP ME OUT

Well I tried Kraken G10 + Kraken X31 AIO on my R9 390 ... card was unstable. After it was on 100% load for some time, it would just crash.

I had heatsinks on VRMs and RAM chips around GPU, but something was still overheating I guess. Core temp was always under 50°C, so I had no idea what was crashing my card.

Anyway, that's just my experience with AIO cooling GPU, so I would never recommend that to anyone.

Custom loop on the other hand would cost you like 300€ + 100€ for GPU waterblock. If you want decent water cooling that won't destroy your PC :)

So you can either spend like 400€ on water cooling and you will get low temps, higher OC and very silent PC.

Or you can set fan curve and have loud noise, but you won't void warranty.

It's up to you :) 

hello....my msi gtx 1080 reference card temps is crossing 83c at ultra settings..if i change ultra settings to high settings at the same tym..it isnt going below 80c..as u know it should go down...nd core clock 1853mhz..

it has premium components...why is it happning?

'Premium components' is simply marketing bullshit. You bought a reference cooler, expect reference cooler temps.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

There's a simple solution to this, adjust your fan speed/fan curve.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

Just turn up the fan speed. The temp will come down.

5 minutes ago, razor007 said:

hello....my msi gtx 1080 reference card temps is crossing 83c at ultra settings..if i change ultra settings to high settings at the same tym..it isnt going below 80c..as u know it should go down...nd core clock 1853mhz..

it has premium components...why is it happning?

You've fallen for the 1080 trap. Simple as that. I'm sorry to hear that you've thrown 100$ into the garbage, but there's nothing we can do about it...

I hope you've learned your lesson. Consult us before making any purchase, or else that's bound to happen again.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

Make a custom fan curve in afterburner. 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

3 minutes ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

There's a simple solution to this, adjust your fan speed.

how much fan speed?

5 minutes ago, Imakuni said:

You've fallen for the 1080 trap. Simple as that. I'm sorry to hear that you've thrown 100$ into the garbage, but there's nothing we can do about it...

I hope you've learned your lesson. Consult us before making any purchase, or else that's bound to happen again.

true bro..hey liquid cooling is in my mind can i do ??but warranty problem

Is this a troll post it do you actually believe it had premium components? 

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

9 minutes ago, razor007 said:

how much fan speed?

If I'm playing a game I usually just crank my fans up to 100%.  A lot of people complain about the fan noise as if it's a major problem, I don't agree.  If you're playing a game you likely either have on a headset or have the volume cranked, so you're probably not even going to hear your fans.

If you don't want to manually adjust the fans every time you play a game/ put load on the GPU, then set up a fan curve that will automatically control the fan speed.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

HI, 

assuming this isn't a troll post, I suggest you make a custom fan profile in order to achieve lower temps. The cards ship with a conservative fan profile in order to combat noise. 

83c isn't unsafe, even if not ideal. You'll have to find what noise level you can tolerate. 

If you want better performance than the founder's card offers, you can either sell that card now (great time, you might even make a tad bit of money) or wait for a kit to come out of some kind. I think both evga and corsair will make AIO water cooling kits for reference board 1080s like they did for the 980s. I don't know how that effects warranty, it really depends who made your founders 1080. I think the evga one will allow that, for example. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

7 minutes ago, ivan134 said:

Technically it does have premium components, but unfortunately they don't offer a performance benefit.

I think Joker Productions has a video on this where Nvidia is working on a fix.

CPU: i7 5820K Motherboard: AsRock x99x Fatality RAM: 32GB Corsair DDR4 3000mhz GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 ti SC2 Case: Corsair 780T Storage: Samsung 950 Pro M.2, Samsung EVO 500gb and various WB Storage PSU: EVGA 1300 G2 Display: TBD

Founders edition is shit don't buy it again.

2 options: Forget about the boost clock or more fan speed and a loud card. 

\\ QUIET AUDIO WORKSTATION //

5960X 3.7GHz @ 0.983V / ASUS X99-A USB3.1      

32 GB G.Skill Ripjaws 4 & 2667MHz @ 1.2V

AMD R9 Fury X

256GB SM961 + 1TB Samsung 850 Evo  

Cooler Master Silencio 652S (soon Calyos NSG S0 ^^)              

Noctua NH-D15 / 3x NF-S12A                 

Seasonic PRIME Titanium 750W        

Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum / Logitech G900

2x Samsung S24E650BW 16:10  / Adam A7X / Fractal Axe Fx 2 Mark I

Windows 7 Ultimate

4K GAMING/EMULATION RIG

Xeon X5670 4.2Ghz (200BCLK) @ ~1.38V / Asus P6X58D Premium

12GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz

Gainward GTX 1080 Golden Sample

Intel 535 Series 240 GB + San Disk SSD Plus 512GB

Corsair Crystal 570X

Noctua NH-S12 

Be Quiet Dark Rock 11 650W

Logitech K830

Xbox One Wireless Controller

Logitech Z623 Speakers/Subwoofer

Windows 10 Pro

Welcome to the world of reference coolers. I made that mistake with my 980 Ti. Never again.

Make a custom fan curve in Afterburner. It will be louder but it will bring temps down.

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

8 minutes ago, ivan134 said:

ok if it doesnt hv ...so why in nvidia press conference they showd 2.1mhz with 67c is it for marketing purpose

3 minutes ago, razor007 said:

ok if it doesnt hv ...so why in nvidia press conference they showd 2.1mhz with 67c is it for marketing purpose

hqdefault.jpg

marketing bullshit. 

I'm sorry man, it's the truth. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

1 minute ago, Syntaxvgm said:

hqdefault.jpg

marketing bullshit. 

I'm sorry man, it's the truth. 

shit bro...really i got hot chiken out of the box no game posters no gaming coupons no cable nah nothing 

do u thnk my problem is related to next driver which is coming?

I doubt driver updates would help too much on the temprature. The bios would do more is my guess, and that wouldn't do much either. The overclock 2.1Mhz beast must have been differently cooled. I'm guessing water cooling. I guess you fell for their name change the founder editition, because it sounds cool and exclusive and faster and better. But really, its worse for $100 more (It rhymes)... Still waiting for the "My founder edition beast is worse then my friends ASUS 1080" but I guess this comes in the same lines. Sorry dude, you've been tricked with marketing bullshit.

I once explained to my girlfriend what true love is. I said, "If you were a shit, I'd put you back in" and to this day, she is still my little shit. 

5 minutes ago, razor007 said:

No. No driver can fix it.

This is why the "Founder's Edition" really bothers me. I don't mind the price increase, they have a good reason for it, but the rename makes it sound special and premium when it's just a reference card. They're tricking people into paying an extra $100 for an inferior board and cooler.

They know that only a small portion of the consumer base keeps up with that stuff, so they knew this would happen.

"Do as I say, not as I do."

-Because you actually care if it makes sense.

13 minutes ago, razor007 said:

shit bro...really i got hot chiken out of the box no game posters no gaming coupons no cable nah nothing 

no I really don't. All they can really do driver side is change the default fan profile, which will help but you can already do that yourself. 

I really don't think the founders edition is bad, it's just a bad choice at 100$ more than base price of the new ones coming out, which range from 599 to the price of the founders cards. 

I pretty much buy exclusively reference cards simply because I like them (not the greatest cooling performance). I even paid more for a reference 970. But at 100$ more I'm not doing that with he 1080, especially with the heat issues- I plan to do some folding on the card. 

If you really feel you got burned NOW is the time to resell it (or return if you can!). People are still scalping this card, and you can certainly get your money back quite easily. 

Once these non-foudners cards come out, pick one of those. 

Or stick with this one. Make a fan profile. You probably shouldn't overclock it if you want it both cool and quiet, but like I said earlier water cooling kits will be avaible. 

muh specs 

All parts black

3 minutes ago, Syntaxvgm said:

no I really don't. All they can really do driver side is change the default fan profile, which will help but you can already do that yourself. 

I really don't think the founders edition is bad, it's just a bad choice at 100$ more than base price of the new ones coming out, which range from 599 to the price of the founders cards. 

I pretty much buy exclusively reference cards simply because I like them (not the greatest cooling performance). I even paid more for a reference 970. But at 100$ more I'm not doing that with he 1080, especially with the heat issues. 

If you really feel you got burned NOW is the time to resell it (or return if you can!). People are still scalping this card, and you can certainly get your money back quite easily. 

Once these non-foudners cards come out, pick one of those. 

Or stick with this one. Make a fan profile. You probably shouldn't overclock it if you want it both cool and quiet, but like I said earlier water cooling kits will be avaible. 

bro i live in india...i didnt pay 599 i payd 64,000rs in india currency....the shop seller wont take it back it once it is sold never never as for everyone here!!it isnt burnd but yeah i am afraid of crossing 80c

Water cooling

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

2 minutes ago, razor007 said:

bro i live in india...i didnt pay 599 i payd 64,000rs in india currency....the shop seller wont take it back it once it is sold never never as for everyone here!!it isnt burnd but yeah i am afraid of crossing 80c

ah well shit that's a lot. Well if you can't resell it, I'd just stick with it and make a custom fan profile. Honestly, above 80c under load is fine. But I bet you can get that down. And hopefully you can get your hands on a watercooling kit for the 1080 in the future. 

muh specs 

All parts black