Which Headphones?

MrFub

My Siberia v2's died after 3 years and I am looking into new headphones. I will be getting a mod mic for these. I will be mainly gaming and from time to time listening to music. I have narrowed down my choices to the HD558, HD598, DT990 32ohm. I cant decide which pair to go with. I'm trying to keep the price down below $200 USD. I have considered the HyperX Cloud, not sure if those would be good to go with instead.

If you know of a better pair of then the ones I have listed and think that they are better please let me know. I am open to ideas.

In my opinion, you should go with the HD558's.
They're quite comfortable and good quality for the price.
Though, I don't have experience with the other two.

In my opinion I would go with the dt990 32ohm because the warranty is great and it comes with two different jacks for the end

Just a fyi, the HyperX Cloud is basically a Takstar Pro 80 with a mic attached to it. 

I've tried the HD558(had for a week) and the HD598(own), both are good headphones are good choices. The HD598(Very comfortable headphones) has good highs, good mids but it does lack in the lows(bass). I can't tell you much about the DT990 since I don't own a pair and have only had about 10 minutes with one.

How about a Fostex T50RP MK3? You looking for open or closed back headphones? Preference? 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

19 minutes ago, MyInnerFred said:

Just a fyi, the HyperX Cloud is basically a Takstar Pro 80 with a mic attached to it. 

I've tried the HD558(had for a week) and the HD598(own), both are good headphones are good choices. The HD598(Very comfortable headphones) has good highs, good mids but it does lack in the lows(bass). I can't tell you much about the DT990 since I don't own a pair and have only had about 10 minutes with one.

How about a Fostex T50RP MK3? You looking for open or closed back headphones? Preference? 

I don't have a preference, just as long as an open headset doesn't bleed too much sound. Do you know if the 558 have decent bass?

5 minutes ago, MrFub said:

I don't have a preference, just as long as an open headset doesn't bleed too much sound. Do you know if the 558 have decent bass?

There not particularly bass heavy. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

4 hours ago, MrFub said:

by bleed, do you mean leak sound? If that is what you mean, then what is your use case?

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

8 hours ago, Dackzy said:

by bleed, do you mean leak sound? If that is what you mean, then what is your use case?

I'd be gaming with some people around me from time to time.

1 hour ago, MrFub said:

I'd be gaming with some people around me from time to time.

DT770 then?

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

1 hour ago, Dackzy said:

DT770 then?

Would that be good for gaming? Ive heard open is better because of the soundstage. Also, which ohm should I get and with what amp if I were to get the 250ohm?

1 minute ago, MrFub said:

Would that be good for gaming? Ive heard open is better because of the soundstage. Also, which ohm should I get and what amp if I were to pick up the 250 ohm?

Open headphones will leak sound there is no way around that and yes they are better for gaming because the soundstage is bigger. The DT 770 are good for gaming and just get the lowest ohm verion one.

If it is okay that they leak not that much sound to the outside world look at the K612 if you listen at modrest levels, but you will be able to hear anything going on in real life with no problem with them on, I would say the sound level goes maybe 10% down when you take the headphones on.

52 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

Open headphones will leak sound there is no way around that and yes they are better for gaming because the soundstage is bigger. The DT 770 are good for gaming and just get the lowest ohm verion one.

If it is okay that they leak not that much sound to the outside world look at the K612 if you listen at modrest levels, but you will be able to hear anything going on in real life with no problem with them on, I would say the sound level goes maybe 10% down when you take the headphones on.

Do you know of a fairly good priced amp that can power 250ohm headphones? Just a general question

i have the audio technica ad700x, they are solid headphones with a really nice soundstage, the bass is there but its not overwhelming so you can hear footsteps etc, they're very cheap too.

2 hours ago, MrFub said:

Do you know of a fairly good priced amp that can power 250ohm headphones? Just a general question

read link in signature signature