should i ?

UrNsFace

should i get a 1070 if i have  now a GTX 780 ? 

I'm not sure, but I think it might be a big upgrade. Still, we need to know what monitor you're using, CPU, power supply, what settings/resolution/framerates you want, etc.

Thy hath sinneth, and in thy life thou hast fallen to an unholy, unspeakable level of humanity. Thou hast given into your basest needs. And suffered many years under thine Satan-box. However, if thine be willing, as thy hast show yourself to be, thy can ascendeth into thy glorious fold of the glorious church. Go well, my brother, may your temps be low and your frames high. ~ MrDynamicMan

depens, what are the other specs of your pc? also maybe wait for amd to reveal more about polaris since it might be a better choice for your hardware

14 minutes ago, Alexzz_ said:

depens, what are the other specs of your pc? also maybe wait for amd to reveal more about polaris since it might be a better choice for your hardware

24 minutes ago, UL_42L said:

I'm not sure, but I think it might be a big upgrade. Still, we need to know what monitor you're using, CPU, power supply, what settings/resolution/framerates you want, etc.

1080P monitor

seasonic 600W  power supply

intel 4570 ( which i think will be fine for the next 2-3-4 years) 

1070 is probably overkill for 1080p. I would be keeping an eye out for the 480 come June 29 to see how it performs.

CPU - Ryzen Threadripper 2950X | Motherboard - X399 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | RAM - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4x8GB DDR4-3200 14-13-13-21 | GPU - Aorus GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce WB Xtreme Edition | Case - Inwin 909 (Silver) | Storage - Samsung 950 Pro 500GB, Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Samsung 840 Evo 500GB, HGST DeskStar 6TB, WD Black 2TB | PSU - Corsair AX1600i | Display - DELL ULTRASHARP U3415W |

1 minute ago, Carclis said:

1070 is probably overkill for 1080p. I would be keeping an eye out for the 480 come June 29 to see how it performs.

so you mean upgrading my GTX 780 is worthy ? 

because i dont know if the GTX 780 will be good for the new games that are about to come like the new BF ....

i mean i can wait for the new cards (probably the gtx 1100 series) but i dont know if the GTX 780 will suck a lot earlier than their date of release 

1 minute ago, UrNsFace said:

so you mean upgrading my GTX 780 is worthy ? 

because i dont know if the GTX 780 will be good for the new games that are about to come like the new BF ....

i mean i can wait for the new cards (probably the gtx 1100 series) but i dont know if the GTX 780 will suck a lot earlier than their date of release 

I mean to say that you should probably wait for a few more cards to be released from both companies before comping to a conclusion. I guess it depends on how much you want to spend too, but I see most cards this generation crushing performance in games at 1080p with 1440p being the new resolution to aim for. I'd look out for the GTX 1060 or RX480.

CPU - Ryzen Threadripper 2950X | Motherboard - X399 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | RAM - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4x8GB DDR4-3200 14-13-13-21 | GPU - Aorus GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce WB Xtreme Edition | Case - Inwin 909 (Silver) | Storage - Samsung 950 Pro 500GB, Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Samsung 840 Evo 500GB, HGST DeskStar 6TB, WD Black 2TB | PSU - Corsair AX1600i | Display - DELL ULTRASHARP U3415W |