Windows Blue (aka Windows 9)

IdeaStormer

Well read about it and surprised there wasn't a thread here already, so what are your thought and ideas about Windows Blue (aka Windows 9).

Windows+9+release+date+is+November+2014.jpg

In a nutshell Windows Blue is to be modeled after the Apple OS X releases (not the actual OS I hope) where there are smaller updates spread out instead of just a major release ala Windows Vista, Windows 7.

References:

eWeek story

http://www.eweek.com/pc-hardware/windows-blue-will-be-an-important-update-10-reasons-why/

http://www.eweek.com/enterprise-apps/windows-blue-update-due-for-summer-release-with-improved-search/

Unofficial Windows Blue Site

http://www.windowsbleu.com/

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

So its not windows 9 because its not a major release its really

8.1 or 8+ or 8 with the RnD where it actually counts......................... just saying.

If they do blue install disks as opposed to upgrade only disks Ill be happy otherwise they can go away

to make url link, you do text

Replace ("<" with "[" and ">", with "]").

Anyway. Windows Project Blue is a full restructuration of the Windows line of product within Microsoft. This means that Windows Phone team, Windows RT, and Windows team all come together, all work together. And not in their separate corners. This is something that Microsoft was talking about of doing before Vista was released, and in development: Unifying all devices, and, in order to do this, every team should be one team.

Also, development of the OS will be accelerated. With yearly OS updates to fit the competing market of mobile devices such as tablets and smart phones. So, in other words, it will be like Apple, where every year you'll have a new version of the OS at a nominal fees when you upgrade. Since Vista, Microsoft talked about having no more Service Pack.. well no more Service Packs it is, now. But we won't be paying for service packs, this is important to note. The OS's will actually be updated with new features, large bug fixes, and improvements to keep the OS's (and eventually 1 OS for all devices in the near future (probably with Windows 9)), relevant. Technology moves really fast, iOS and Android also moves fast. Waiting 3 years for a new OS, is no good news. People want updates now, else the first few month the new Windows will be competitive and relevant, than after the competition puts in similar features, and their own twist and idea in theirs.. Windows will be behind for the next 2 years and a half. So this is to solve the problem of playing catch-up, which Windows Phone, for example, is experiencing now (despite the fact that Microsoft is already playing catch up with it. And the idiot that choose to pick Windows CE as core for Windows Phone 7, really caused big delays for Windows Phone 8, so it still lack behind, instead of being the OS that makes Microsoft Windows Phone in advance of the competition, as development time was sent and transferring and recoding everything from Windows CE to Windows 8 core)

Rummors says that the next coming up update will put Windows 8 NT 6.2 core version to 6.3. This has never been seen before in an a Windows update. You usually had to change the Windows numbering. Expect the next update of Windows 8, be called 8.1 or 8.5 or something.

Desktop/laptop computers are put aside.

Anyway. Windows Project Blue is a full restructuration of the Windows line of product within Microsoft. This means that Windows Phone team, Windows RT, and Windows team all come together, all work together. And not in their separate corners. This is something that Microsoft was talking about of doing before Vista was released, and in development: Unifying all devices, and, in order to do this, every team should be one team.

Also, development of the OS will be accelerated. With yearly OS updates to fit the competing market of mobile devices such as tablets and smart phones. So, in other words, it will be like Apple, where every year you'll have a new version of the OS at a nominal fees when you upgrade. Since Vista, Microsoft talked about having no more Service Pack.. well no more Service Packs it is, now. But we won't be paying for service packs, this is important to note. The OS's will actually be updated with new features, large bug fixes, and improvements to keep the OS's (and eventually 1 OS for all devices in the near future (probably with Windows 9)), relevant. Technology moves really fast, iOS and Android also moves fast. Waiting 3 years for a new OS, is no good news. People want updates now, else the first few month the new Windows will be competitive and relevant, than after the competition puts in similar features, and their own twist and idea in theirs.. Windows will be behind for the next 2 years and a half. So this is to solve the problem of playing catch-up, which Windows Phone, for example, is experiencing now (despite the fact that Microsoft is already playing catch up with it. And the idiot that choose to pick Windows CE as core for Windows Phone 7, really caused big delays for Windows Phone 8, so it still lack behind, instead of being the OS that makes Microsoft Windows Phone in advance of the competition, as development time was sent and transferring and recoding everything from Windows CE to Windows 8 core)

Rummors says that the next coming up update will put Windows 8 NT 6.2 core version to 6.3. This has never been seen before in an a Windows update. You usually had to change the Windows numbering. Expect the next update of Windows 8, be called 8.1 or 8.5 or something.

Agghhhh.... GoodBytes the new vBulletin editor is screwing up the links! I'm an old fashion poster and write my own [ code ] stuff [/ close code ] in line and that might be causing the new vBulletin release to over think things? Thanks for the heads up on it, will alert the mods.

Yea, me too. I hate the editor.

Another sucky thing with it, is sometimes I copy model numbers from a site, or a user name on the forum to talk to him, and when I paste I get the site style, so I get, for example really big text or link and all that crap format to it. So now I copy what I want to copy, open Windows search, paste. Copy it again, and then on the forum paste it. Or I use Notepad the transition to remove the layout formatting. Soooo annoying. I want the the old BBcode style. Not this shit.

Anyway, this is off topic.

Yes, the minor releases should give us new features faster than what we are currently getting with the regular releases, which should be a good thing so people are not shocked at way too many changes when they do upgrade like they are now. Many people complain (to me at least) that they want the older OS (what ever it is) instead of the newer OS because there are too many changes and they don't want to waste time learning new things because they are busy with real work. With the incremental releases changes will come at smaller increments and make things better if at least for the folks that can't handle the major release hurdles of things being moved to a new location. Feature-wise I think ti will be good to give us key/important features sooner then they are now, this way an OS release doesn't have to become obsolete before there is an update.

For one for me XP has been the standard and only up to 9 months to a year has Windows 7 been accepted or been asked as a desired upgrade from users. There have only been questions on 8 but no one has requested it or even bought something with it. If they had the Blue concept going now moving people to the current OS would be easier, but at present its like prying people's hands with a crow bar to get them to move to Windows 7, they're stuck on XP.