GPU overheating at idle

Hello, My name is Raymond, i have recently purchased a Asus R7 360 OC video card, ive had it for near a month. For some reason it just started to overheat and get hot for no reason at idle, and will turn off after a few minutes if i leave it at base clock plus ive done no overclocks to the card. The picture is from the computer being on for only 5 minutes. reaching 97 degrees celcuis is not normal for a gpu at idle and just turned on. i noticed the gpu speed says 104%, and when i go to the professional mode it the mhz and voltage sliders all say 0000, so i used radeon settings to underclock the card by a huge amount just to use my computer to make this post. just using the browser only and the card highly underclocked the gpu is sitting at 86 celcius. my room is a little warm but not affecting it since my processor is sitting at average levels. PLEASE HELP!! i dont want to send it back to asus for repair if its a software issue or a simple fix. I have a warranty on it until 2019 so if it comes to it i can get it repaired but i dont want to wait 4-8 weeks to play doom :(

1.jpg

2.png

11 minutes ago, raymond99 said:

Hello, My name is Raymond, i have recently purchased a Asus R7 360 OC video card, ive had it for near a month. For some reason it just started to overheat and get hot for no reason at idle, and will turn off after a few minutes if i leave it at base clock plus ive done no overclocks to the card. The picture is from the computer being on for only 5 minutes. reaching 97 degrees celcuis is not normal for a gpu at idle and just turned on. i noticed the gpu speed says 104%, and when i go to the professional mode it the mhz and voltage sliders all say 0000, so i used radeon settings to underclock the card by a huge amount just to use my computer to make this post. just using the browser only and the card highly underclocked the gpu is sitting at 86 celcius. my room is a little warm but not affecting it since my processor is sitting at average levels. PLEASE HELP!! i dont want to send it back to asus for repair if its a software issue or a simple fix. I have a warranty on it until 2019 so if it comes to it i can get it repaired but i dont want to wait 4-8 weeks to play doom :(

1.jpg

2.png

GPU cooler is most likely broken or malfunctioning

I suck a typing, preparw for typos.

Desktop

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x MOBO: MSI X570-A Pro RAM: 32 GB Corsair DDR4

GPUS: Gigabyte GTX 1660ti OC 6G  CASE: Corsair Carbide 100R STORAGE: Samsung Evo 960 500GB, Crucial P1 M.2 NVME 1TB   PSU: Corsair CX550M CPU COOLER: Corsair H100x

LAPTOP

Apple Macbook Pro 13 M1 Pro

A have never used Asus GPU Tweak but from that last image it looks like you have bumped up the voltage by 100mV. That would be a huge increase in heat produced if that is true, but in saying that Asus cards have horrible coolers so it's probably a combination of the two.

CPU - Ryzen Threadripper 2950X | Motherboard - X399 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | RAM - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4x8GB DDR4-3200 14-13-13-21 | GPU - Aorus GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce WB Xtreme Edition | Case - Inwin 909 (Silver) | Storage - Samsung 950 Pro 500GB, Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Samsung 840 Evo 500GB, HGST DeskStar 6TB, WD Black 2TB | PSU - Corsair AX1600i | Display - DELL ULTRASHARP U3415W |

On 6/3/2016 at 2:12 AM, Carclis said:

A have never used Asus GPU Tweak but from that last image it looks like you have bumped up the voltage by 100mV. That would be a huge increase in heat produced if that is true, but in saying that Asus cards have horrible coolers so it's probably a combination of the two.

It seems as if the Software or drivers arent reading/working correctly. The program should look like this showing desore number on the right side of the sliders

Untitled.png

23 hours ago, TheGamingBarrel said:

Reinstall your driver, or use a different one.

i did, and it fixed the issue for like a couple hours and its slowly increasing again like the drivers are being corrupted, i dont know if thats even possible

yesterday right after i rolled back drivers and reinstalled them idle was 40-43 degrees celcius

today at a really close room temperature its sitting at 59-63 degrees celcius

I have removed the gra[hics card, blew compressed air on the cooler, blew air in the pci-e x16 slot, and put the gpu back in. The problem still persists. I have a spare gpu, a gt 630 :'(  its so slow lol. Im gonna send it backk to Asus For repair, anyone know how long that would take?

1 minute ago, raymond99 said:

I have removed the gra[hics card, blew compressed air on the cooler, blew air in the pci-e x16 slot, and put the gpu back in. The problem still persists. I have a spare gpu, a gt 630 :'(  its so slow lol. Im gonna send it backk to Asus For repair, anyone know how long that would take?

Reinstall drivers using DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) in safe mode to obliterate the old ones. Then install the latest ones from the AMD website. Also, did you uninstall the nvidia drivers after upgrading from the 630?

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

the r7 360 is the first(and only until the 630) gpu my computer has ever used, the 630 was just put in last night because the r7 360 kept doing the same thing when i tried it again with a cold room. the 630 in it now runs perfectly fine at idle about 41-43 c. I will try the DDU you mentioned, hopefully it works and thank you for helping me :) i dont want my whole summer gone waiting for it to be repaired by Asus especially if its a software issue

17 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

Reinstall drivers using DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) in safe mode to obliterate the old ones. Then install the latest ones from the AMD website. Also, did you uninstall the nvidia drivers after upgrading from the 630?

quick question... Do i need the r7 360 installed to remove the drivers, do i need both to uninstall the r7 360 drivers, or just the gt 630?

52 minutes ago, raymond99 said:

quick question... Do i need the r7 360 installed to remove the drivers, do i need both to uninstall the r7 360 drivers, or just the gt 630?

Doesn't matter which you're using to uninstall but it does matter which you use to install the new drivers.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

2 hours ago, TheRandomness said:

Doesn't matter which you're using to uninstall but it does matter which you use to install the new drivers.

Oh I understand that lol.. Just didn't know if the program needed the card installed to find its drivers.. I've never used the ddu