Can I upgrade?

12 minutes ago, 21rkosta said:

@daltonk01 the 6600 would be cheaper if your not overclocking (non-k)

I mean for a motherboard, what would be the final and best decision out of all of these?

Specs:

Bad & Old

Sorry, this will hopefully be the last post.  But out of these boards, from PC part picker, and there might obviously be better boards out there, but these are the ones compatible with everything else, which one should I choose?

https://pcpartpicker.com/products/motherboard/#f=2&L=3

Edit

This will be my build, but is 3.3 ghz that much of a difference from 3.5?

Specs:

Bad & Old

3 minutes ago, Daltonk01 said:

Sorry, this will hopefully be the last post.  But out of these boards, from PC part picker, and there might obviously be better boards out there, but these are the ones compatible with everything else, which one should I choose?

https://pcpartpicker.com/products/motherboard/#f=2&L=3

Edit

This will be my build, but is 3.3 ghz that much of a difference from 3.5?

what are you gonna do with this computer?! gaming?

what powersupply and case do you own right now?

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Just now, i_build_nanosuits said:

what are you gonna do with this computer?! gaming?

Yes, that was my plan, why?

Specs:

Bad & Old

Just now, Daltonk01 said:

Yes, that was my plan, why?

because all you would need is a more powerful GPU...CPU is fine for gaming unless you go high-end and super high framerates.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Just now, i_build_nanosuits said:

because all you would need is a more powerful GPU...CPU is fine for gaming unless you go high-end and super high framerates.

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/86LgXH

Powersupply is labeled there, thats the one I think I have, I couldn't find the exact on pc part picker.  And I need a better CPU for Arma 3.

Specs:

Bad & Old

1 minute ago, Daltonk01 said:

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/86LgXH

Powersupply is labeled there, thats the one I think I have, I couldn't find the exact on pc part picker.  And I need a better CPU for Arma 3.

you will upgrade your CPU for one piss ass poorly optimised game?!

anyways the GTX 650 is a very weak card...and a GPU upgrade would help your performance a lot in ARMA...you probably won't break the 60FPS mark with that CPU but it should be playable...and in many if not most games nowadays the AMD FX is decent.

So unless you have a massive budget to afford CPU, motherboard and GPU upgrades...i would just go with a powerful graphics card for now such as the soon to be released AMD RX 480 for example.

1 minute ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

you will upgrade your CPU for one piss ass poorly optimised game?!

anyways the GTX 650 is a very weak card...and a GPU upgrade would help your performance a lot in ARMA...you probably won't break the 60FPS mark with that CPU but it should be playable...and in many if not most games nowadays the AMD FX is decent.

So unless you have a massive budget to afford CPU, motherboard and GPU upgrades...i would just go with a powerful graphics card for now such as the soon to be released AMD RX 480 for example.

But for the time being, what motherboard should I get?  And yes, I did read what you said,

Specs:

Bad & Old

4 minutes ago, Daltonk01 said:

But for the time being, what motherboard should I get?  And yes, I did read what you said,

i would upgrade monitor and GPU and call it a day...

but if you go with a locked skylake core i5 CPU i would look at a budget B150 or H170 motherboard...probably from MSI or Asus.

...and you don't need an hyper 212 on such CPU's but maybe you already own one or you want the CPU to be quiet...

Are you looking for ATX or microATX motherboards?