SP VS AF

sanman

Hello, I am currently building a pc and I am not sure whats the difference is between SP fans and AF fans. 

Also what would be a better case nzxt s230 or the inwin 303.

And would these parts be compatible with each other?

1070 nvidia graphics card 

16 gb ddr4 ram 

1 tb WD

250 gb ssd samsung 

z170 a asus motherboard

i7 6700k CPU

650 watts

3 minutes ago, sanman said:

Hello, I am currently building a pc and I am not sure whats the difference is between SP fans and AF fans. 

Also what would be a better case nzxt s230 or the inwin 303.

And would these parts be compatible with each other?

16 gb ddr4 ram 

1 tb WD

250 gb ssd samsung 

z170 a asus motherboard

i7 6700k CPU

650 watts

SP fans stands for static pressure. that are fans optimized to blow air through radiators or other obstructions. AF fans blow lots of air but are not that good in obstructions.. 

1 minute ago, JPotze said:

SP fans stands for static pressure. that are fans optimized to blow air through radiators or other obstructions. AF fans blow lots of air but are not that good in obstructions.. 

So what is better which fans should i use? Or i should use both but different places?

1 minute ago, sanman said:

So what is better which fans should i use? Or i should use both but different places?

depends where you place them in the case. if it is just intake and there is free flowing air through the case AF are fine. If you need to push air through hard drive cases or lots of wires or fine mesh you would benefit from SP.

I have SP fans in my case just to make sure there is enough power to push are through whatever i throw in the case.

4 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

AF on the case

SP on the radiators or restricted areas

i ordered an inwin 303 today :)

Nice! Can you please tell me how it goes with you or if you find any problems with the case. Because i am really considering taking the inwin 303 instead of the nzxt s230. So ill be waiting your reply when you get your inwin 303. Anyway good luck!

Nice! Can you please tell me how it goes with you or if you find any problems with the case. Because i am really considering taking the inwin 303 instead of the nzxt s230. So ill be waiting your reply when you get your inwin 303. Anyway good luck!

i wont have it for at-least 3 weeks, its not the easiest case to build in, but looks wayy nicer than that s230 imo.

3 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

i wont have it for at-least 3 weeks, its not the easiest case to build in, but looks wayy nicer than that s230 imo.

How come 3 weeks? is it from them or is it from you? And do you think i can build these components in it? 

16 gb ddr4 ram 

1 tb WD

250 gb ssd samsung 

z170 a asus motherboard

i7 6700k CPU

650 watts power supply

How come 3 weeks? is it from them or is it from you? And do you think i can build these components in it? 

16 gb ddr4 ram 

1 tb WD

250 gb ssd samsung 

z170 a asus motherboard

i7 6700k CPU

650 watts power supply

cos i'm in Australia: http://www.scorptec.com.au/product/Cases/ATX/63641-303-BLACK

with a full ATX motherboard it touches the bottom of the case, it will work, but a mATX will fit better.

2 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

cos i'm in Australia: http://www.scorptec.com.au/product/Cases/ATX/63641-303-BLACK

with a full ATX motherboard it touches the bottom of the case, it will work, but a mATX will fit better.

Sorry im kinda a nooby :P so i dont know what is a ATX motherboard and a mATX is. And what the difference is from it and the z170a asus motherboard.

Sorry im kinda a nooby :P so i dont know what is a ATX motherboard and a mATX is. And what the difference is from it and the z170a asus motherboard.

ATX is full length

mATX is shorter

then there is m-ITX which is TINY

tweak_dk_Zotac_Mini-ITX_vs_Micro_ATX_vs_

1 minute ago, TrigrH said:

ATX is full length

mATX is shorter

then there is m-ITX which is TINY

tweak_dk_Zotac_Mini-ITX_vs_Micro_ATX_vs_

Aha ok so what is the z170a ? 

2 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

ATX:

mb.png

Skip to 3:00 to see what im talking about:

Oh ok now i get you. But if i were to use the z170a it will work with no complications right ? 

6 minutes ago, sanman said:

Oh ok now i get you. But if i were to use the z170a it will work with no complications right ? 

Z170a:

ATX Form Factor 
12.0 inch x 9.6 inch

inwin 303:

12.0 inch x 10.7 inch

It will fit perfectly, you will though have to move some cables around if you want to get fans down the bottom of the case.

Also the inwin 303 is best used on a desk. NOT on the floor or carpet. (as you will need to clean the dust filter very often)

9 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

Z170a:

ATX Form Factor 
12.0 inch x 9.6 inch

inwin 303:

12.0 inch x 10.7 inch

It will fit perfectly, you will though have to move some cables around if you want to get fans down the bottom of the case.

Also the inwin 303 is best used on a desk. NOT on the floor or carpet. (as you will need to clean the dust filter very often)

Ok thanks. Where should i put the fans and how many do i need and what size? and should they be SP or AF

for looks or budget / functionality?

Well definitely functionality and look. and i would pay a maximum of 150$ 

it would be alot better if its cheaper.

for fans alone? are u getting a all in one radiator for your CPU?

I dont know should i?

1 minute ago, TrigrH said:

well if you want to overclock its a good idea, that CPU doesn't come with a cooler.

Well my budget in total is 1500 us dollars. so the graphics card would be 379 dollars , cpu 350 dollars, motherboard 150, ram 60 , storage 88 + 48, case 89, powersupply 71, monitor 320, in total without cooler =1555 us dollars. so how much would i need for a good budget friendly radiator or cooling system with the fans and everything?