First time build - Gaming PC

Hi everyone!

Long time lurker, first time poster here.

I've finally decided that it's high time for me to build my first PC as an adult. I built up a handful of mediocre computers from parts lying around the house when I was younger (10+ years ago), but I haven't ever tried my hand at a from-scratch build for a high end gaming rig. I've linked a list of the components I'm currently looking at and I'd just like to make sure it makes sense. PC Part Picker says there aren't any conflicts with compatibility but I don't want to have any redundant parts or overkill if unnecessary. The only 2 components I'm rather set on are the CPU and the GPU, unless there's a good argument that the combo isn't necessary (will be getting a non-founder's edition of the 1080; one with integrated cooling).

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/rP9Ff8

Any advice, modifications, additions, tips, or general help is highly appreciated! 

- Krum

PS

Advice on good gaming monitors in the $200-250 price range would also be helpful! (24-27" preferred)

18 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

Don't need that much RAM, 16GB is fine. Don't need so many watts, 650W is fine for future upgrades too. I don't think you need such a large HDD either, 2GB (7200RPM would be nice too) would be fine.

2GB? don't you mean 2TB

5 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

Don't need that much RAM, 16GB is fine. Don't need so many watts, 650W is fine for future upgrades too. I don't think you need such a large HDD either, 2GB (7200RPM would be nice too) would be fine.

Thank you!

Being as ignorant as I am in the field, I've always presumed "more is better". I've updated the PC part picker!

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/9DKG3F

Just now, Krum TGD said:

Thank you!

Being as ignorant as I am in the field, I've always presumed "more is better". I've updated the PC part picker!

A spot of advice, avoid the NEX lineup from EVGA, they're rebrands of the G1/B1 series' which were quite bad in terms of internal component quality. The G2/GS/GQ/P2/T2/B2 lineups are good as well as anything from XFX, Seasonic and Super Flower.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

13 minutes ago, Krum TGD said:

Thank you!

Why not get the AsusZ170-A deluxe,it'll be better for more drives since the motherboard u chose has only 3 sata 3 ports

56 minutes ago, Rickie cheong said:

Why not get the AsusZ170-A deluxe,it'll be better for more drives since the motherboard u chose has only 3 sata 3 ports

Do you have a link? I can only find the asus z170-a or the asus z170 deluxe (unless the z170 deluxe is the same thing as the z170-a deluxe)

1 hour ago, TheRandomness said:

A spot of advice, avoid the NEX lineup from EVGA, they're rebrands of the G1/B1 series' which were quite bad in terms of internal component quality. The G2/GS/GQ/P2/T2/B2 lineups are good as well as anything from XFX, Seasonic and Super Flower.

Thank you again! Duly noted. 

2 hours ago, Krum TGD said:

Do you have a link? I can only find the asus z170-a or the asus z170 deluxe (unless the z170 deluxe is the same thing as the z170-a deluxe)

Thank you again! Duly noted. 

Sorry,just Z170 deluxe