m50s or the hd 558?

Youbetternot

They both are in the same price range, I want to ask which one is better in terms or comfort and sound quality.

I like balanced headphones and I am also open to suggestion for headphones around 150 dollars

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

558's, m50's are too expensive.

Also take a look at ad700x.

Would I need a sound card to power the ad700x?

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

HD558s all the way.

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

HD558s are 10x more comfortable than M50s

You really like those headphones don't you? I am starting to think that you are getting something from audio technica for that advertisement *suspicious*  <_<

You really like those headphones don't you? I am starting to think that you are getting something from audio technica for that advertisement *suspicious*  <_<

It's just my personal taste, headphones are highly subjective. I like more "fun" headphones thats why I lean more towards TD 990's and LCD2's.

Though the AD series is the most comfortable headphone i've ever worn, and I have a hard time finding headphones comfortable since I have a pretty large head.

Yeah, I wouldn't use the M50s to play games, they're more of a DJ headphone and the stock pads make your ears sweat bad.

"Pardon my French but this is just about the most ignorant blanket statement I've ever read. And though this is the internet, I'm not even exaggerating."

Don't go for the ath-m50's if comfort is important to you. And they're slightly overpriced nowadays (they used to be sub $100 I believe!)

DT990 for good amount of bass and bright treble

HD558 for a more balanced sound

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

the HD5xx series is really comfortable imo.

my 595's were some of my favorite cans for games.

Will work for electronic components and parts

Reviews: Meelec CC51P - Monoprice 8323 - Koss Porta Pros  - Shure SRH-440 - Shure SRH-550DJShure SRH-840 - Hifiman He-500 - iBasso D4 - o2 Amplifier  -  SkeletonDac

Just got the ad700x an hour ago and wow I'm amazed with them. They sound great and are so comfy.