Xonar Versus

Arwinnd
Go to solution Solved by Arwinnd,

Thank you for the information about " who shall I ignore next " you were very helpful. Topic Closed. 

Hi. Please compare for me Asus Xonar DX and Asus Xonar Phoebus Solo. I can have DX for 200 and Phoebus for 450. What advantages Phoebus has over DX and what is worth to pay more for it. Thank you kindly for your answers. 

Phoebus have better sound positioning and better AMP. 

Also many more small improvements, like overall better sound quality.

What technology makes Phoebus have better sound positioning? 

sound radar and that new sound engine

What do you mean by sound engine? 

Depending on the headphones you're using there mighten actually be a noticable difference between your onboard and a soundcard and secondly, for that money have you considered an external solution? In you're price bracket you could get a decent external dac/amp which would be of much better quality than any soundcard unless there's some particular features on the Asus soundcards you really want? And again, if your headphones suck you'd be far better off putting the money toward a decent pair of headpohones, hope this was helpful.

Hi. Please compare for me Asus Xonar DX and Asus Xonar Phoebus Solo. I can have DX for 200 and Phoebus for 450. What advantages Phoebus has over DX and what is worth to pay more for it. Thank you kindly for your answers. 

Whatever sound product you buy, don't listen to the people with factual knowledge gained in studying electrical engineering, or as you call them: "those audiophiles". It is better to base your purchase on the website of the companies that produce real gaming products, designed for maximum k/d ratio. Oh, and don't forget to insult the whole subforum on YouTube after ignoring the pieces of actual solid advise that might appear, like you did last time. Have a nice day :)

| Operating Systems: Arch Linux  /  Debian Linux  /  Windows 7 | Audio: Epiphany Acoustics EHP-O2D + AKG Q701 |

| Display: Samsung Syncmaster P2450H | Mouse: Razer Deathadder Black | Keyboard: Filco Majestouch 2 Ninja TKL Brown | Mic: Samson C03U |

| Case: Corsair 600T | CPU: Intel Core i7 4770K | GPU: AMD HD7950 | Mobo: Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H | RAM: 16Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro | PSU: Corsair TX850M |

Whatever sound product you buy, don't listen to the people with factual knowledge gained in studying electrical engineering, or as you call them: "those audiophiles". It is better to base your purchase on the website of the companies that produce real gaming products, designed for maximum k/d ratio. Oh, and don't forget to insult the whole subforum on YouTube after ignoring the pieces of actual solid advise that might appear, like you did last time. Have a nice day :)

I think this is second or 3rd topic post asking the same question, if you just ignore him he will stop posting.  :rolleyes:

To OP just buy the "best" sound card you can afford and stop asking us this question. Google won't get as annoyed as we will. I'm sure it will make your awesome headset sound more awesome and increase your k/d. 

I nearly pissed myself reading this.  :lol:

Headset

Thank you for the information about " who shall I ignore next " you were very helpful. Topic Closed.