Same GPU, Upgraded System - Crazy Lag

5 minutes ago, ace_cheaply said:

I had the same thing happen to me.  I ended up just buying a $30 oem windows 10 key from Kinguine.com and doing a fresh install.  I'm pretty sure windows is locked by motherboard. 

See that's what I thought. But I was sure that Windows near enough scrapped that with Win10?

12 minutes ago, Podgy said:

See that's what I thought. But I was sure that Windows near enough scrapped that with Win10?

I think I have a solution... Follow this:

1.Open Control Panel and paste this on the address bar: Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Power Options

2.Choose the "change plan settings" option on the plan you're currently on

3.Then choose "change advanced power settings"

4.Then go to "processor power management"

5.Then go to "maximum processor state" and change it to 100%

If lag is still persistent then change the minimum processor stage to 100% so that your CPU is always active...

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

But just to be on the safe side... COMPLETELY disable your iGPU from within the BIOS...

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

8 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

I think I have a solution... Follow this:

1.Open Control Panel and paste this on the address bar: Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Power Options

2.Choose the "change plan settings" option on the plan you're currently on

3.Then choose "change advanced power settings"

4.Then go to "processor power management"

5.Then go to "maximum processor state" and change it to 100%

If lag is still persistent then change the minimum processor stage to 100% so that your CPU is always active...

This is what the power management settings were on by default:

b8e4b8f4a8.png

As for the iGPU, I'll do some digging.

Thanks.

1 minute ago, Podgy said:

This is what the power management settings were on by default:

b8e4b8f4a8.png

As for the iGPU, I'll do some digging.

Thanks.

NP! Check on youtube for a guide or just look at your manual... Otherwise you're gonna spend so much time to find the settings you need...

9 minutes ago, Podgy said:

Went onto the BIOS and ensured that this was in fact the case:

https://service.msicomputer.com/msi_user/support/techfaqdetail.aspx?formid=3136

Then I am not sure what the case is... Sorry man...

So I tried a complete re-install of Windows 10.

Installed Chipset drivers, GPU drivers and ensured Power options were at performance.

Same results. I am now completely lost. :(

• 1 month later...

Disable the iGPU in the BIOS. If that doesn't work, your GPU may have bottlenecked the CPU.

Have you checked the ram speed in your bios?