1.3V non clocked 6600k?

I build this pc few days ago and now i realize that my CPU when at 100% the voltage goes around 1.38V (3.9GHz) isn't this too much? I'm newbie to overclocking and this stuff, but i heard when you overclock don't push it beyond 1.3V also i never touched the BIOS setting.

cpu.png

Anything under about 1.42 volts is ok, try to get a higher clockspeed that voltage should be enough

1 minute ago, XamN said:

Anything under about 1.42 volts is ok, try to get a higher clockspeed that voltage should be enough

Is this suppose to be 1.38V when at 3.9GHz stock speed? But as i said i never touched the bios setting, i'm going to soon. If it wasn't on auto should i change it to auto?

3 minutes ago, MentalBlank said:

Is this suppose to be 1.38V when at 3.9GHz stock speed? But as i said i never touched the bios setting, i'm going to soon. If it wasn't on auto should i change it to auto?

Are you trying to overclock?

Thats pretty high for stock speed, try to increase ur multiplier in the bios and see if the overclock is stable

4 minutes ago, MentalBlank said:

What does "auto" mean?

1 minute ago, XamN said:

Are you trying to overclock?

Thats pretty high for stock speed, try to increase ur multiplier in the bios and see if the overclock is stable

I don't wanna overclock yet, i just want everything on stock speed :(

1 minute ago, XamN said:

What does "auto" mean?

Voltage / setting?

1 minute ago, MentalBlank said:

I don't wanna overclock yet, i just want everything on stock speed :(

So you havent changed anything in the bios?

1 minute ago, XamN said:

So you havent changed anything in the bios?

Nope, but i saw it once at 1.38 Volt and everything else on auto setting but i never touched it, i guess i will reset it to default and if didn't work i find another way.

1 minute ago, MentalBlank said:

Nope, but i saw it once at 1.38 Volt and everything else on auto setting but i never touched it, i guess i will reset it to default and if didn't work i find another way.

Set it to auto, it might fix the high voltage

6 minutes ago, MentalBlank said:

Btw, the hw monitor screenshot doesnt show a 1.38 voltage. Did it really go as high? :D

1 minute ago, XamN said:

Btw, the hw monitor screenshot doesnt show a 1.38 voltage. Did it really go as high? :D

I think so, but it got me worryed.

1 minute ago, ybriK said:

I just checked my bios setting and i was wrong, the 1.3 volt i saw before was my DRAM. I think you right about HWMonitor showing wrong, i will try CPUz

6AQFQl8.jpg

11 minutes ago, MentalBlank said:

It seem like my CPU uses 1.328V when att full speed, is this normal? The setting that i have in Bios are on auto.

1.328.png

Yea that seems about right. You can lower the voltage if you want for temperature reasons just expect higher chances of crashing at 100% load on all 4 cores.

1 minute ago, ybriK said:

Yea that seems about right. You can lower the voltage if you want for temperature reasons just expect higher chances of crashing at 100% load on all 4 cores.

What do you think of the temprature at 62C? My cooler is Kraken x61.

My 6700K uses 1.24V stock, 1.34 is what I used to overclock to 4.7Ghz.  Try resetting the CMOS on your motherboard. You should have a clear cmos button near the debug-led.  If not, you'll have to look for a pinout of your mobo so you can jump the two prongs with a key or flathead screwdriver.