Help with zombie computer

2 minutes ago, Mrhappyjolly said:

you need to have all disks disconnected with only the usb boot drive you created for ubuntu connected. so no hard drives.

some older machines will only boot from one usb port on the motherboard, try them all

you should also reset the bios

like clearing the cmos? ill try it again.

10 hours ago, Volana said:

like clearing the cmos? ill try it again.

Just reset the BIOS and now it starts up saying "preforming automatic IDE configuration...     No device found AHCI BIOS not installed

Intel(R) Matrix Storage Manager option ROM v8.5.2.1002 IHC10R/DO Copyright(C) 2003-8 Intel Corporation. All rights Reserved.

An Operatin System wasn't found. Try disconnecting any drives that don't contain an operating system. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart"

The hdd isn't connected and the usb drive is in, so idk why it isnt working ;-;

EDIT: I tried unplugging the usb to see what it would say with nothing to boot, and it said pretty much the same thing as with it in. the final message was:

"No boot device available -

Strike F1 to retry boot, F2 for setup utility

Press F5 to run onboard diagnostics"

Edited by Volana
new developments

On 5/29/2016 at 1:06 AM, Volana said:

Just reset the BIOS and now it starts up saying "preforming automatic IDE configuration...     No device found AHCI BIOS not installed

Intel(R) Matrix Storage Manager option ROM v8.5.2.1002 IHC10R/DO Copyright(C) 2003-8 Intel Corporation. All rights Reserved.

An Operatin System wasn't found. Try disconnecting any drives that don't contain an operating system. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart"

The hdd isn't connected and the usb drive is in, so idk why it isnt working ;-;

EDIT: I tried unplugging the usb to see what it would say with nothing to boot, and it said pretty much the same thing as with it in. the final message was:

"No boot device available -

Strike F1 to retry boot, F2 for setup utility

Press F5 to run onboard diagnostics"

Still haven't gotten it working, so i have no clue what to do. Somebody please help meeeee!

EDIT: xD HAHAAAA! didnt mount it right... im fucking stupid as always.

EDIT: ive got ubuntu running and its working out allright, but im still confused on getting the hdd to work. would formatting it fix it? and if so, how do i format it when i boot from a usb drive?

• 3 weeks later...