How much does astro a40's cost used? (2013 edition)

Hello! I am going to sell my used pair of astro a40's to upgrade to a pair of sennheiser hd 598. I was wondering how much i can sell them for! (Im not that good with used prices!)

I bought them in the early 2014's and have been using them almost everyday for 1-2 hours with exceptions like on vacations and some days where i have been using them for more for example 3-5 hours.

Also should i have a soundcard or dac/amp to drive the headphones (sennheiser 598).

thanks in advance for answering :D

Astro_A40_Mixamp_2013_Edition.png

square_louped_hd_598_01_sq_sennheiser.png

Used gear should be sold for 40-60% current new street price. Subtract from that based on wear and desirability of the product.

1 minute ago, SSL said:

Used gear should be sold for 40-60% current new street price. Subtract from that based on wear and desirability of the product.

Good thing that you got that Should part in, because a lot of people will try and sell their things with 15% off maybe 20% off. OP look at the prices on the used marked and then set your price at about the same maybe a little lower if you want to sell them faster.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

no need for dac or amp for 598. im running the hd 558 off onboard and its great

Altair - Firestrike: http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/13945459

CPU:  i7-4790 @ 3.6 GHz Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M-DS3H-A RAM: 16GB @ 1600MHz CL11 GPU: XFX RX 470 RS Storage: ADATA SP550 240GB | WD Blue 1TB | Toshiba 2TB PSU: EVGA B2 750W Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Fans: Phanteks PH-F200SP (Front) | Phanteks PH-F140SP (Rear) | Noctua NF-A15 (Top)

Mouse: Logitech G502 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 MX Brown | Audio: Sennheiser HD 558

oh get the 558 they sound 95% the same and there is a really simple mod to get them to sound 100% the same. Just forget the amp and dac, if you are unsure about the amp and dac part read this.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

Thanks everyone for your info i will soon sell my headset and buy a pair off sennheiser headphones!:D 

if anyone is wondering about how i am going to have a mic the answer to that that is imply i have a blue snowball!

thanks for answering and goodbye!