Corsair SP Vs SP led fans

Andre C.

I wanted to get some new case fans for my computer and I wanted to get red led fans but I wasn't sure If I should get the performance edition fans instead. What do you think? 

I'm quite sure there are SP Performance LED fans available, but keep in mind that the LEDs on those fans are weak, they only light up the fans themselves, not your system. I have them myself.

7 minutes ago, LeapFrogMasterRace said:

What will they be used for? If intake I would just get AF

Might be useful to know what case you are working with before saying that for sure though.

11 minutes ago, Andre C. said:

I wanted to get some new case fans for my computer and I wanted to get red led fans but I wasn't sure If I should get the performance edition fans instead. What do you think? 

What are they being used for? Case intake or radiator/heatsink cooling? If intake, are they blowing right into a hard drive cage, or is there open air behind them?

There are much better deals on higher performance fans than Corsair out there, btw, especially if you're willing to go without LEDs.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

What will they be used for? If intake I would just get AF

If there are harddrive cages in the front you might want SPs, but if you use a case with open front, then yes AF would be better

4 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

There are much better deals on higher performance fans than Corsair out there, btw, especially if you're willing to go without LEDs.

Must say I agree, get something else and use the money you save on some LED strips

Corsair's LED fans are not the same and significantly worse. http://www.anandtech.com/show/9737/the-corsair-sp140-led-af140-led-sp120-af120-fan-review/3

If you would like some fan recommendations, list your specs, budget, and where you're shopping/located. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

2 hours ago, Andre C. said:

Budget? I assume you're shopping in the US?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.