AMD A8-7600 APU: Higher Voltage than normal?!?

Go to solution Solved by Guest,

Very normal, nothing to worry about. 

Hello people , i have a question , 6 months ago i built a budget pc with an AMD A8 7600 cpu with stock cooler , a Asrock FM2A58M-VG3+R2.0 motherboard and , 2X4GB ram sticks at 1866mhz , but monitoring ( with cpu-z and cpuid hwmonitor , the results are the same) my cpu made me question this: is it normal for my cpu to run  between 1.288V and 1.312V voltage???? , and even though the specs of this cpu say that the base clock is at 3.1ghz , and the turbo clock is at 3.8ghz , why is my clock always set at 3.7ghz  ( i have the cpu clock set at auto in the bios ).Also when i open A-tuning ( a software by Asrock that came with the driver of the motherboard that allows you to tweak some things u can do at the bios too ).  It seems very strange to me , although this is my first pc ive built in my life , why isnt my clock at 3.1ghz or at least at 3.8ghz , and why does my voltage seem to be higher than it should be??, sorry for not using pcpartpicker as i couldnt find the specific motherboard model at the site... thanks for the help

29 minutes ago, Pearsonia said:

but is 3.7ghz locked at all times normal?

Yes that's the turbo boost frequency.

If the chip is cool enough it will automatically boost itself to 3.7Ghz under load. 

1 minute ago, Pearsonia said:

Yes that's the turbo boost frequency.

If the chip is cool enough it will automatically boost itself to 3.7Ghz under load. 

oh ok :D thanks for the help!

No problem! 

I used the have the same APU and loved it :)