Nvidia gpu with amd gpu

Zenedge

i ahve a system that currently has a hd5850 videocard. the mobo can support up to two videocards, and i recently got a gt730 for free.

can i shove this gt730 in the 2nd slot and use it a physx card?

There is no such thing as a bad PC, there are only BETTER PCs

That is a great question. I doubt it.

I know you can't "cross-SLI" them. I'd say you CAN'T use the 730 as a Physx card since physx would usually happen on the main NVIDIA GPU but since there isn't one, no Physx will be occurring anyway. Does that make sense xD?

i7 4790k | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | G.Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | MSI GTX 970 Twin Frozr V | Fractal Design R4 | EVGA 650W

A gaming PC for your budget: $800 - $1000 - $1500 - $1800 - $2600 - $9001

Remember to quote people if you want them to see your reply!

3 hours ago, HPWebcamAble said:

I know you can't "cross-SLI" them. I'd say you CAN'T use the 730 as a Physx card since physx would usually happen on the main NVIDIA GPU but since there isn't one, no Physx will be occurring anyway. Does that make sense xD?

Insert   Dank   Signature   Here.

2 minutes ago, HPWebcamAble said:

Well, in borderlands if you have an intel cpu or and amd apu you can use the integrated graphics for phisix; not sure how it works on gpus

Last I heard, NVIDIA's PhysX is disabled if it detects an AMD GPU in the system.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

3 minutes ago, TheAmazingCookieFromSquare said:

I meant you can't use the cards for the same task; the crossfire'd cards and sli'd cards work independently in that system.

Sorry my made up words don't make sense :P

i7 4790k | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | G.Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | MSI GTX 970 Twin Frozr V | Fractal Design R4 | EVGA 650W

A gaming PC for your budget: $800 - $1000 - $1500 - $1800 - $2600 - $9001

Remember to quote people if you want them to see your reply!

PhysX on GPU (advanced PhysX) is totally disabled when the game detects an AMD GPU in the PC. Also, no, the nVidia Control Panel won't let you.

I used to be quite active here.

sooo is it worth a shot? or a waste of time?

There is no such thing as a bad PC, there are only BETTER PCs

38 minutes ago, HKZeroFive said:

Last I heard, NVIDIA's PhysX is disabled if it detects an AMD GPU in the system.

Heard similar.

35 minutes ago, Kobathor said:

PhysX on GPU (advanced PhysX) is totally disabled when the game detects an AMD GPU in the PC. Also, no, the nVidia Control Panel won't let you.

Again...

Just now, Zenedge said:

sooo is it worth a shot? or a waste of time?

Likely the above is true, It used to be a thing....without issues.... then there was a time you needed to replace DLL files for it to even work..

Then you hear that Nvidia outright blocks it from being done...

/You can use two different GPU's in a system fine, but in conjunction IN GAMES... nope.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz